Injury Report: Injuries Thread | Bear (Head), Lagesson (Wrist), Kassian (Hand/Weeks), 4K (CollarBone/Months)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
With Mike Green's injury history, it isn't a big surprise but I have to wonder if Green has been getting good rehab over the years. It seems like most 'injury prone' players have bounced back from that with modern surgeries and drug therapy

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
Russell was supposed to be not close to playing and on LTIR and suddenly he’s a game time decision. Unless he was referring to PRussell.

Tippet said "Russel has been skating hard, first real good practice for him, so we'll revisit him in the morning". That doesn't sound like a game-time decision to me.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Green sidelined 3-4 weeks, the hockey gods start handing out dark memes.
One of the reasons I was against them going after Green. The guy has a history of injuries, despite his non-physical style of play, coupled with his age. But, here we are, back on the hamster wheel.

Reactions: Aerchon

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I thought Kris Russell was out for the season?

This medical staff can't make up their minds lol.
When you're dealing with concussions, it really is hit and miss. One day you can feel crappy and then the next day, it clears.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I'll believe it when I see it. Matheson makes it sound like Yamamoto might be long term.

Edit: and Stauffer makes it sound like he's almost ready to go...

Who knows. We atleast need Kassian, Yamamoto, Athanasiou and Klefbom back asap.

Matty is still referring to last season's injury.:)

Last edited:

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
One of the reasons I was against them going after Green. The guy has a history of injuries, despite his non-physical style of play, coupled with his age. But, here we are, back on the hamster wheel.

Green was a mistake on many levels.

Maybe AA can make up for it tho... One can hope.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Meh he was considered extra anyway, more of a luxury move and at low cost. He's been a lot better in recent years for injuries, no? And this latest injury isnt even that bad. Back for playoffs and some regular season games too

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Wow no Yam tonight. I have no hope for tonight now
Why would you say this?
We are playing a team that has been destroyed by injuries. We are at home. We have not played since Wednesday, so should be well rested. We have both McDavid and Draisaitl in our lineup.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Meh he was considered extra anyway, more of a luxury move and at low cost. He's been a lot better in recent years for injuries, no? And this latest injury isnt even that bad. Back for playoffs and some regular season games too
For sure, they didn't give up a lot for him, and got rid of a non-playing contract from the books, so the risk was small. But colour me not surprised. Too bad though, and hopefully he can be put back together again for the playoffs, if we make it.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Why would you say this?
We are playing a team that has been destroyed by injuries. We are at home. We have not played since Wednesday, so should be well rested. We have both McDavid and Draisaitl in our lineup.
I like keeping expectations low

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
A fourth for Green is too much. If we give up a third that's way to much.

Also. I believe getting Green was part of moving on from Persson which I think was a mistake as well.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Yep. We're really going to regret giving up that 4th... :facepalm:

Jones was a 4th? Bear a 5th?

Not saying we can expect those results even remotely regularly but not having those pick does suck and giving them away for a player i don't think is a roster player doubly so.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Depth on the back end for the playoffs (hopefully) isn’t a bad thing.

I agree I just dont think Green is worth that much.

Ennis is having a great year and is just past his prime... Cost a 5th.

Green is having a bad year and is well past his prime. If Green plays worthwhile we give up a third...

I get the logic. I get that the price isn't bank breaking. I just don't think it was a "good" move and should have been avoided. Hard to imagine they couldn't get someone better for that price.

Reactions: SavesFromKosko

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I agree I just dont think Green is worth that much.

Ennis is having a great year and is just past his prime... Cost a 5th.

Green is having a bad year and is well past his prime. If Green plays worthwhile we give up a third...

I get the logic. I get that the price isn't bank breaking. I just don't think it was a "good" move and should have been avoided. Hard to imagine they couldn't get someone better for that price.
A guy goes down in the playoffs though we will be happy to have him.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
A guy goes down in the playoffs though we will be happy to have him.

I honestly have no idea how anyone can have confidence saying that. Assuming he is healthy even i have little faith Green can impact a playoff game in a positive manner. Even playing bottom pairing.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I honestly have no idea how anyone can have confidence saying that. Assuming he is healthy even i have little faith Green can impact a playoff game in a positive manner. Even playing bottom pairing.
You aren’t picking up what I’m putting down.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
So I'm guessing that Yams will be a game time decision tomorrow? Any more news about Klefbom? We need Klefbom back more than we do Yams, obviously. 2 really hard games coming up on the road against Nashville and Dallas

Captain Fantastic

Cpt. Fallustina
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
So I'm guessing that Yams will be a game time decision tomorrow? Any more news about Klefbom? We need Klefbom back more than we do Yams, obviously. 2 really hard games coming up on the road against Nashville and Dallas
The thing is, one will get a source and it ends up being totally false. Media and the the team needs to get their act together in regards to injury timelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad