Injury Report: Injuries Thread | Bear (Head), Lagesson (Wrist), Kassian (Hand/Weeks), 4K (CollarBone/Months)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I'll believe it when I see it. Matheson makes it sound like Yamamoto might be long term.

Edit: and Stauffer makes it sound like he's almost ready to go...

Who knows. We atleast need Kassian, Yamamoto, Athanasiou and Klefbom back asap.

Who's the more reliable source on this one. Mathseon who has years of covering the team but seems to have less of an insiders role or Bob whos an employee of the team. Considering Yamamoto was a full participant in practice today, I'm leaning towards Bob. May not mean he's playing tomorrow, but it seems doubtful that it's still weeks away as this was the teams first proper practice with the new recruits. I'd imagine if Yams was doubtful, they'd be trying something else.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I thought Kris Russell was out for the season?

This medical staff can't make up their minds lol.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Who's the more reliable source on this one. Mathseon who has years of covering the team but seems to have less of an insiders role or Bob whos an employee of the team. Considering Yamamoto was a full participant in practice today, I'm leaning towards Bob. May not mean he's playing tomorrow, but it seems doubtful that it's still weeks away as this was the teams first proper practice with the new recruits. I'd imagine if Yams was doubtful, they'd be trying something else.

I agree, and edited my post after seeing Stauffer's tweet. Matheson used the word ominous in his tweet, so it seemed like foreshadowing to another post about a setback or something.

Hopefully we can get 3-4 bodies back this weekend.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I wonder if Tippett is just saying Yams is a game time decision just so then the Jets won’t know what lines we will roll with . Kinda like not announcing your starting quarterback in football until the last second .

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I wonder if Tippett is just saying Yams is a game time decision just so then the Jets won’t know what lines we will roll with . Kinda like not announcing your starting quarterback in football until the last second .
How would that make any sense? Why would they have the whole line practice together?

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
How would that make any sense? Why would they have the whole line practice together?
That’s kinda my point , Yams was in practice lines today yet they claim he’s a game time decision ?

Wonder if it’s just mind games for Tippett against Winnipeg .

Reactions: Mr Positive

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Oilers medical projections...

Week to week = day to day

Out long term = game time decision the next day

Minor injury = out 3 months

At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if Green is back in a week. Nothing they say is accurate, and it apparently goes both ways.

Reactions: Satire

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
That’s kinda my point , Yams was in practice lines today yet they claim he’s a game time decision ?

Tipp always says game time decisions for injured players doesn’t he? He did for McDavid too

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Oilers medical projections...

Week to week = day to day

Out long term = game time decision the next day

Minor injury = out 3 months

At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if Green is back in a week. Nothing they say is accurate, and it apparently goes both ways.

In fairness, ankle injuries are notriously hard to pin down.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
In fairness, ankle injuries are notriously hard to pin down.

Russell was supposed to be not close to playing and on LTIR and suddenly he’s a game time decision. Unless he was referring to PRussell.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Russell was supposed to be not close to playing and on LTIR and suddenly he’s a game time decision. Unless he was referring to PRussell.

Post concussion symptoms, like ankle sprains, are better when they are better. I don't believe the team said anything about his timeline other than "it's murky".

As for LTIR, clearly they did that after the Brodziak trade just in case they needed to be a bit over the cap on deadline day. It's obviously not stopping them from activating him now.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016

Are you for real? lol you are way off base.If he feels okay tomorrow then he will play. Yammo himself said that this afternoon. It was not a serious injury to begin with.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
OMG we're RUSHING Yams back!!!

Sorry, just wanted to be the first to say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->