Injury Report: Injuries Thread | Bear (Head), Lagesson (Wrist), Kassian (Hand/Weeks), 4K (CollarBone/Months)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Was there ever anything official on Larsson? I've always liked him and feel that if he was in the lineup in game 3, we win that game and take the series. But, if you can't stay healthy in the NHL, especially around big games, then maybe it's time to move on.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Was there ever anything official on Larsson? I've always liked him and feel that if he was in the lineup in game 3, we win that game and take the series. But, if you can't stay healthy in the NHL, especially around big games, then maybe it's time to move on.

His back was acting up again. He has a history of back issues.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Apparently Klefbom could be out long term

You could literally post this at any time during his entire playing career, and it wouldn't be wrong.

But to the Twitter, "long term" could mean 1 month, 2 months or 6 months. We don't have details just yet, so I wouldn't freak out as of yet. Especially since we are probably at least 3 months from the season starting. A little odd that he hasn't made a decision yet, as the Oilers haven't played in 6 weeks now.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Klefbom's shoulder, for those of you know don't know already, has been giving him trouble for a while now. He might have surgery which could take him out for most if not all of next season. He admitted the other day on Gregor's show he has arthritis.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Klefbom's shoulder, for those of you know don't know already, has been giving him trouble for a while now. He might have surgery which could take him out for most if not all of next season. He admitted the other day on Gregor's show he has arthritis.
I think one of the issues that Gregor has been talking about too is that the surgery really might do nothing. Could end up being worse.

And even if it does make him better it's only probably going to be temporary. So do you risk missing a whole year only to find out the surgery does very little for you?

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Dang. Just chop that stupid finger off and get it over with. Will still have 9 more.

Pleased to meet you again, Mr. Hyde!

Wonder when Dr. Jekyll will be returning!

tenor.gif

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Could we please have he first post of this thread updated regularly by mods and have the current status of all of our players? I don't mean to be high maintenance, but it's really hard to figure out where the team is health-wise sifting through 10 pages of this thread. Seeing as this thread is coming up on 1,000 replies, maybe we could implement it in in a new thread when the next season starts?

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011

This doesn’t sound good at all.

Very weird thing to say under the circumstances.

I honestly thought this would be a retirement meeting. From my limited understanding of his condition there's not a lot of reason to even consider playing sports at the professional level.

"Hopefully I can get some kind of surgery"...

How in the world does he not know exactly what surgeries are available to him. My limited medical knowledge suggests their is no surgery for advanced early onset of arthritis but by this point he should know what his options are.

Sounds like he is either burying his head in the sand and unable to face reality or has not done much research into his own condition. Which is very very weird either way.

On a related note. LTIR for career ending conditions... better for him to stay LTIR or just retire? I imagine he sits on our LTIR until his contract is done and then retires.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
“Based on this interview, it doesn’t sound Klefbom is going to be with the Oilers any time soon, if ever.” From Staples article noting that Staples tends to exaggerate beyond the pale quite often.

North

Jun 25, 2009
“Based on this interview, it doesn’t sound Klefbom is going to be with the Oilers any time soon, if ever.” From Staples article noting that Staples tends to exaggerate beyond the pale quite often.

The only thing is the way it sounded, Oscar is trying to get it to where it doesn’t affect him during his everyday life before he even thinks about getting back on the ice.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Very weird thing to say under the circumstances.

I honestly thought this would be a retirement meeting. From my limited understanding of his condition there's not a lot of reason to even consider playing sports at the professional level.

"Hopefully I can get some kind of surgery"...

How in the world does he not know exactly what surgeries are available to him. My limited medical knowledge suggests their is no surgery for advanced early onset of arthritis but by this point he should know what his options are.

Sounds like he is either burying his head in the sand and unable to face reality or has not done much research into his own condition. Which is very very weird either way.

On a related note. LTIR for career ending conditions... better for him to stay LTIR or just retire? I imagine he sits on our LTIR until his contract is done and then retires.

I’m sure he and the medical experts he has available to him have a good handle on what his options are. It was a typical Q & A. Just giving a basic update without showing his cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->