Injury Report: Injuries Thread | Bear (Head), Lagesson (Wrist), Kassian (Hand/Weeks), 4K (CollarBone/Months)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Is there a chance klef can come back for the playoffs if the Oilers happen to make it ?
I imagine the only way he could play would be to not get surgery and join in the post season.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Is there a chance klef can come back for the playoffs if the Oilers happen to make it ?
I imagine the only way he could play would be to not get surgery and join in the post season.
Maybe? But I don't know if Klefbom not playing pro hockey for almost a year would be much help in the playoffs

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

Probably better if he doesn’t. Then we can get him expansion exempt as a possible career ending injury and protect an extra player

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
So Klefbom has surgery to ease chronic arthritis and in 21-22 hopes to return to NHL ability just in time to find Jones Lagesson Broberg and Samorukov ready to take his job. After 2 years off I don’t like his chances. Maybe #7 as a mentor but at $4M we can’t afford him

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
So Klefbom has surgery to ease chronic arthritis and in 21-22 hopes to return to NHL ability just in time to find Jones Lagesson Broberg and Samorukov ready to take his job. After 2 years off I don’t like his chances. Maybe #7 as a mentor but at $4M we can’t afford him

Samorukov and Broberg are scheduled to be in Bakersfield next year. And it’s iffy if he even comes back at all.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
So no news on Haas and Neal? Does anybody know anything about either injury?

Neal took a shot off the front of the foot in the first game against the Sens and was hobbled. Stauffer said that he thought he may not play the 2nd game. Haas they are being real quiet on, I am merely speculating but I am wondering if he is suffering from some Covid after effects like Marco Rossi.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Bear being out this long with a concussion is not great news to say the least.

He had a real bad concussion with Bako, he was out IIRC something like half a season. I think they are just being extra precautious with him, rightly so. Any slight symptom they wont allow him to play. Plus the way Bouchard has filled in they have plenty of time.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
He had a real bad concussion with Bako, he was out IIRC something like half a season. I think they are just being extra precautious with him, rightly so. Any slight symptom they wont allow him to play. Plus the way Bouchard has filled in they have plenty of time.

Oh wow, I didn't know that about his concussion in Bakersfield (or if I knew at one point, I'd forgotten it). That isn't good at all then. Repeat concussions are super scary. Yes, agree 100%, take it slow as needed, you only have 1 brain after all. Like you said Bouchard has been very good as well, so there really isn't a lot of pressure to replace Bear in the lineup either then.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Haas update? He's like an ex that shows up for some fun then vanishes. Haha.

I still maintain that he got assaulted in the hallway from the lockers after that game where he hot dogged the (would be) last second goal

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Here is Bryan Marchment Caleb Jones taking out Turris's knee in practice this morning.

EXiIjft.gif

Reactions: Bryanbryoil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad