Injury Report: Injuries Thread | Bear (Head), Lagesson (Wrist), Kassian (Hand/Weeks), 4K (CollarBone/Months)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Last thread hit 1k and "needed work anyway". :skeptic:

Osacr Klefbom - IR, Hand injury sustained December 11th blocking a shot against the Avalanche. Had surgery to repair one or more fingers. Estimated 6-8 weeks recovery time, putting his return at around February/March.

Kris Russell - IR, believe there is some hope he could play the 27th versus the Canucks, but was described as early.

tabs

Oct 30, 2009
Last thread hit 1k and "needed work anyway". :skeptic:

Osacr Klefbom - IR, Hand injury sustained December 11th blocking a shot against the Avalanche. Had surgery to repair one or more fingers. Estimated 6-8 weeks recovery time, putting his return at around February/March.

Kris Russell - IR, believe there is some hope he could play the 27th versus the Canucks, but was described as early.

8 weeks from surgery would be the end of the first week of February. March would be 12 weeks from surgery.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
8 weeks from surgery would be the end of the first week of February. March would be 12 weeks from surgery.

Recovery from injury and game readiness aren't usually on the same timetable. This is also Klefbom we're talking about, so I added time to compensate for the infection and eventual finger amputation. Underpromise and overdeliver.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Recovery from injury and game readiness aren't usually on the same timetable. This is also Klefbom we're talking about, so I added time to compensate for the infection and eventual finger amputation. Underpromise and overdeliver.
Bah it’s broken fingers not an ACL. Though you are right it is Klefbom. Probably get Ebola somehow.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Sounds like Larsson is back at practice today.

That was an unnecessary 24 hour scare.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Klefbom will be back in 3-4 weeks IMO (and it's already been almost 2 weeks). Gulutzan had the exact same injury with Gaudreau and they got him back in 3 weeks. They're just gonna have to numb the pinkie.

Last edited:

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Klefbom will be back in 3-4 weeks IMO (and it's already been almost 2 weeks). Gulutzan had the exact same injury with Gaudreau and they got him back in 3 weeks. They're just gonna have to numb the pinkie.
Yep Gaudreau was out of the lineup for 17 days after the surgery. Scored 11 points in the following 8 games so it's not like he seemed to be hampered by the finger post-surgery. If Klefbom is able to rehab as quickly as Gaudreau that would be early January. Obviously all injuries aren't the same, but hopefully it'll be closer to mid-january than Feb/March.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

Hope you are right. Maybe they can get him some good Blow Hall used to do and sprinkle it on the pinky. That would numb it good

Reactions: KarmaPolice

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Sounds like a plot to a horror movie to me.

Oh boy, we would be in the draft lotto then. I don't want that. If anything, what has been proved is you can't have enough defence. Hate to talk about previous trades, and I like Larsson, but I would have loved to have Weber. He would have come in and our young d would learn from him for years. You can draft all the d you want but if you don't surround them with good vets, they are doomed.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Will we hear anything today in regards to injuries ? Do they even practice today ?

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Will we hear anything today in regards to injuries ? Do they even practice today ?

Not much news...or new news I should say, but Sekera should be back pretty darn soon.

Edmonton Oilers defenceman Andrej Sekera nearing end of recovery road

The thing that was stuck in my mind was he was rehabbing his knee and Achilles but his knee should have been all healed up by now.

Maybe this extra time off will have let his knee heal all that much more. I hope he can regain his 16-17 form because he will be such a welcomed addition on the blue line.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
full

Reactions: 780il
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->