Injury Report: Injuries Thread: 2018-19 Edition

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
What's your speculation about PK? I'm thinking illness instead of injury. Hopefully a 24 hour bug, maybe needed IV fluids because of the way he returned in the Ducks game. Went out about the same time in first (13 & 18) in both games. Though fluids (?) helped against Anaheim the next night that was just not enough.

Neither time did I see any contact that should take him out.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
What's your speculation about PK? I'm thinking illness instead of injury. Hopefully a 24 hour bug, maybe needed IV fluids because of the way he returned in the Ducks game. Went out about the same time in first (13 & 18) in both games. Though fluids (?) helped against Anaheim the next night that was just not enough.

Neither time did I see any contact that should take him out.
It's just annoying that the NHL teams are so hyper-sensitive that they can't provide this information. Who is really going to take advantage of it? NHL players have more solidarity and respect for eachother than at basically any other time in history, the number of db's who would target an injury is very low. Fans are paying the bills and buying the tickets, they should be entitled to know. Give us the regular season anyway. Playoffs - ok, I think we can compromise and let the secrecy win out in the playoffs, fair enough.
:soap:

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
poile just said no subban tonight and 'we will see when he comes back' and that arvidsson would be out "awhile" which sounded like a considerable amount of time (i'm thinking broken hand or torn thumb ligament). he did say hamhuis "might play tonight as he's been practicing with the team"

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'm not endorsing or declining this idea but if Tolvanen is truly only a good call up in a top 6 role, then I wonder what he could do next to Joey. But whatever.

Reactions: Tex76

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I'm not endorsing or declining this idea but if Tolvanen is truly only a good call up in a top 6 role, then I wonder what he could do next to Joey. But whatever.

I'd see what we have in Grimaldi first. Give him a couple of games in the top line.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I have zero issue with trying Grimaldi on that top line for a game or two. Part of what made Arvi and that top line effective is his willingness to go get it and constantly dig.

That said, I dont have a real big problem with shuffling guys around and giving several guys a chance to prove themselves, no matter what their name is.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Why would you have to do Grimaldi or Tolvanen in the top 6? Next one up there should be Hartman imo.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Why would you have to do Grimaldi or Tolvanen in the top 6? Next one up there should be Hartman imo.

Spread the wealth. Hartman has been productive even when he's not been in the Top-6. Also, I think Grimaldi is not a complete turd, and Joey & Forsberg duo can carry a lesser player. Hartman has also shown decent chemistry with Fiala.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
If the team isn't willing to bring up Eeli, I think we have to seriously consider making a move to bring in some additional scoring. We can't really afford to be without Arvi's offense for that long.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
If the team isn't willing to bring up Eeli, I think we have to seriously consider making a move to bring in some additional scoring. We can't really afford to be without Arvi's offense for that long.
Well that's with the assumption that he'll provide offense and we simply aren't choosing to bring him up. There's no guarantee that he would. He might, but it's not anything to bank on.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009

I think we sometimes equate our wishes with reality. We all want Tolvanen to translate his success in the KHL to the NHL. Right now that's just wishful thinking. He's still trying to establish his game in Milwaukee. Neither Forsberg nor Fiala made an immediate impact in Nashville. Both paid their dues with the Admirals. Just stop already with the Tolvy in for Arvy talk. Hartman, Sissons, Fiala, Jarnkrok, or Smith are all better options right now.

Reactions: Gh24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad