injuries / salary cap ????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPARTAKUS*

How will injured players salaries worked against the cap??? Let's say the Flyers payroll is $38M and Forsberg gets injured and will be out for 3 months. How much of Forsberg salary will count against the cap?

P.S I am sorry if this question has already been asked.

Thanks.

wdeshotels

Jul 11, 2003
Murfreesboro, TN.
Visit site
OTTSENS said:
How will injured players salaries worked against the cap??? Let's say the Flyers payroll is $38M and Forsberg gets injured and will be out for 3 months. How much of Forsberg salary will count against the cap?

Thanks.
100%. Also, any replacement player under contract will also count.

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
OTTSENS said:

Thanks.

All of Forsberg's salary counts. The replacement player(s)'s salary will not count as long as it's less than Forsberg's.

CLUB PAYROLLS

What will be the range of Club payrolls?

The payroll range in Year One (2005-06) of the CBA will be $21.5 million (U.S.) at the lower limit and $39 million (U.S.) at the upper limit. A Club's payroll will include all salaries, signing bonuses and performance bonuses paid to players. Except in the case of bona fide long-term injury (injuries that sideline a player for a minimum of 24 days and 10 games) to one or more of a club's players, Club payrolls will never be permitted to be below the minimum or in excess of the maximum. Clubs at or near the upper limit that have players who incur a bona fide long-term injury will be entitled to replace up to the full value of the injured player's NHL salary (even if such salary would result in the club's team salary exceeding the upper limit). The "replacement salary" will not count against the club's upper limit but will count against the League-wide players' share. Upon return of the injured player, the team must come into immediate compliance with the requirements of the payroll range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->