Speculation: Injuries = hot sellers market for D?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
With all the recent injuries on top 4 defensemen around the league (Giordano, Jones, Rielly, Hamilton, Marino) and with a few "healthy" teams rumored to want to upgrade their top 4 (Vegas, Winnipeg), do you think a lot of defensemen will be moved at the deadline? I don't see many top 4 D available beside Vatanen/Martinez...

Do you think other top 4 Ds getting move, or just depth pieces? Which ones? Who's available? Any offers/matches that make sense?

from NYR def Skjei, to repurpose cap, and with prospects not far, Deangelo, but only at sell high prices.

Skjei there was some consensus about something around a 2020 1st/Cauthier for Skjei.
Package may possibly be expanded.
[Strome, NYR 2020 2nd]

Deangelo, so far looks like package and not a 1:1 or so.
No consensus yet.

I may be in the minority, but I think it's time to get up from the table and go cash in that pile of chips named Brady Skjei. I think we have alot coming down the pike that makes him expendable.

not sure it is a minority
concur

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
IDK, we might want to be charitable and give some lucky team the one and only opportunity they might have to get their hands on Justin Schultz.
Shultz ain't going nowhere now. Reports out of pitt today say Marino is 3 weeks .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad