Injured or Doped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Force

Jan 26, 2006
Folks, i think the NHL participation in the Olympic Games has a strange ring to it.
I guess this guy http://www.faz.net/s/Rub906784803A9...CFA0E9AC762B26D643~ATpl~Ecommon~Scontent.html knows more than we all do...

"Achten Sie einmal darauf, welche Eishockeyspieler aus der amerikanischen Profiliga plötzlich mehr Zeit mit ihrer Familie verbringen wollten."
(Take a close look at which icehockey players from the american professional league wanted to spent more time with their families all of a sudden)

"Es wurde ein Spieler erwischt. Sein Name ist Bryan Berard. Er wurde bei einem Trainingstest des Nationalen Olympischen Komitees der USA positiv getestet. Der Spieler kann für zwei Jahre international gesperrt worden. Aber die NHL läßt ihn auch dann weiter spielen."
(We caught a Player. His name is Bryan Berard. He was tested positive in a training test done by the american olympic comiteee. He could be banned for 2 years. But even then the NHL lets him continue to play.)

Great news eh? :shakehead

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Huh?

Everybody has already been tested, even the guys who dropped out. All these tests happened way back in November (If I'm not correct, someone please correct me).

Holly Golightly

Aug 3, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Well, first of all, let's remember who the person being interviewed is: why it's the notorious Dick Pound. He's been all over the NHL and it's doping policy like a fat kid on a cupcake. Yes, good old Dick Pound, who would love nothing but a doping scandal in the NHL. So if I were you, I wouldn't take this article too seriously.

Now as for Berard, he did test positive, but if I correctly recall, he is only barred from International play, not playing in the NHL. I think that old Dicky Pound might be suggesting that the NHL should have a more strict policy when it comes to it's athletes testing positive for banned substances.

I don't know, I could be wrong...but that's the just I got from the article.

;)

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Berard would have been suspended had his positive test occured after Jan 15th (which is when the NHL program comes into effect).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->