Injured Heavies

mygameworn

Dec 24, 2007
Connecticut
mygameworn.net
Like Thordic said the takedowns are what is bad. In my opinion a takedown is a bail out move . Pure and simple. It's a way out for the guy. If you don't want to fight any more grab on. Don't try to take the guy down with a hip toss or a double leg takedown. You aren't getting any points for it you little puss. Be a man and just grab the other player and say "I give, You're kicking my ass". But don't try to end the guys career with a Judo toss. A takedown is a way to bailout of a fight plan and simple. Just my two cents. I can't stand to see it and it just pisses me right off to no end.
I"ll end my rant now sorry guys I didn't mean to interrupt your thread.:soap:

well said

PuckNut

Oct 31, 2005
Edmonton
A couple points related to above posts (in no particular order):

A) Just because a guys gets "KO'd" doesn't mean it is a concussion. Plus - define KO..... If a guy gets hammered by a punch (or multiple punches), and goes down - people watching on TV, or play by play guy says it was a knockout - is it really? Most of the time the guy gets back up and is good to go (wether it be next shift, next game, etc.) A true "KO" - see when a boxer gets dropper and is literally out cold for however many seconds. I honestly don't believe Orr was truly knocked out, stunned maybe. A true knock out is when Fedoruk got beat bad a while back, or Kypreos.

I agree with most of what you said, just wanted to add to this statement. If a guy gets knocked out, it's a form of brain trauma. IIRC if a fighter in boxing or mma gets literally knocked out, it's an automatic three month medical suspension.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
They need to do something about the takedowns - people have been saying for years thats the most dangerous part of a fight.

Orr and Boogard are both out due to being slammed into the ice. I didn't see Orr's injusy, but Boogards was a pretty blatant hip takedown.

Maybe tack an additional 5 minutes on for a deliberate takedown, or a misconduct. There's safer ways to bail.

I don't see many of the heavies use the take down... the prime example of the takedown is Komisarek... takes a shot and the goes for the MMA takedown which is more dangerous then the wrestling that goes on between guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->