Infos on coaches contracts ?

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
Therrien probably won't be fired unless the team melts down hard out of the gate next season. In fact, if they make playoffs this year and even win a round, he'll probably get an extension, if that's where you're going with this.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Therrien probably won't be fired unless the team melts down hard out of the gate next season. In fact, if they make playoffs this year and even win a round, he'll probably get an extension, if that's where you're going with this.

Now that Bergevin has acquired a big name forward at the deadline, something he said he'd only do if he thought we were a legitimate threat in the playoffs, a poor showing in the playoffs (or missing them) could definitely cost Mononcle Michel his job.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Now that Bergevin has acquired a big name forward at the deadline, something he said he'd only do if he thought we were a legitimate threat in the playoffs, a poor showing in the playoffs (or missing them) could definitely cost Mononcle Michel his job.

I don't get the Monocole Michel reference at all (if it even is a reference to anything..) but I like it!

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Therrien, like most NHL coaches that weren't former players, likely gets a base salary around $1M and then receives bonuses based on performances.

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
Therrien, like most NHL coaches that weren't former players, likely gets a base salary around $1M and then receives bonuses based on performances.

Unless you have a source, I don't think that's close to that they make. Back when Pat Quinn coached the leafs I remember reading he was the highest paid coach in the NHL and that he made around 1.2 mil. That was around 10 years ago. i don't think coaches salaries have jumped that much.

I say he gets 5-600k tops, imo. It's also not like he had other teams chasing him and the only bargaining chip he really had is he parlez francais, so the pool of coaches they could pick is thinner.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
MT got a 3 year contract, so he has 1 more year after this.

Its 99.9% that Bergevin is going to give Therrien a contract ext this summer, and its gonig to be really funny the reaction its going to get.

With that said, the contract ext is going to mean **** all, most teams, specially with money, never let a coach, go into a team with only 1 year left of his deal.

AV with the Nucks, got contract ext, and he got fired before it even kicked in, same thing with Ron Wilson in Tor, and recetly with Noel with the Jets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad