Status
Not open for further replies.

rnyquist

Oct 24, 2003
Visit site
Schremp
Barker
O'neil

Some have Schremp and Barker in the top 4, others dropping to bottom 5, my question is, how good are these kids and what is the liklihood of the newyork rangers being able to draft one of the 3 (no jokes please)

rnyquist

Oct 24, 2003
Visit site
craig1 said:
Woodleif hates him......not saying I agree or not, but that is the only info I have on him.

My buddy says Barker is a gonchar mould, while others insist he's a norris trophy all round defencemen, which is more accurate?

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
rnyquist said:
Schremp
Barker
O'neil

Some have Schremp and Barker in the top 4, others dropping to bottom 5, my question is, how good are these kids and what is the liklihood of the newyork rangers being able to draft one of the 3 (no jokes please)

if rob goes to the ranger$ i will kill myself...

leafaholix*

rnyquist said:
My buddy says Barker is a gonchar mould, while others insist he's a norris trophy all round defencemen, which is more accurate?
Gonchar + a little more physicality = Norris.

leafaholix*

JNRhockeyGURU said:
if rob goes to the ranger$ i will kill myself...
"The New York Rangers select from the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League, Rob Schremp."

X-SHARKIE

I would be surprised to see Barker slip out of the top 5 IMO. He has tons of upside. A down year didnt drop Nathan Hortons stock last year.

The only chance that Barker might slip is because it's more and more likely Wes O'Neil well opt in. O'Neil is more of a here and now impact kind of player. Barkers defensive game needs alot of work. But the upside of a dominant force on the back end is there. O'Neil on the other hand. Makes it look easy out there, he shuts down NCAA teams night in night out. I saw him last year in Green Bay alot and a few times this year. His offensive game has progressed slowly but O'Neil is so smart and so good with the puck it could devolope.

Schremp should not go passed the #6 slot. He's not a bad boy as we all think. Schremp has just amazing skill. I would take him #5 if I was a gm in fact.

Schremp has amazing hockey sense, and just as good hands. If he has the puck, he's one of the most dangerous players in this draft.
Barker is an offensive defensman, with great size and good skating ability. His offensive game is furthur along then his defensive game. He has been improving though.
O'Neil, huge, good agility and skating ability for a man his size, hard shot, passes well. I see him more of a Mike Rathje though, were he is put against teams top pairings and well just shut them down. Depends what you want. O'Neils stock is rising IMO, and Barker has slipped abit.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
My question is will Schremp be an Alexander Daigle type?

That's my worry...

Crosby...no...just a little to sure on Sidney

but I mean there are always some busts...

Patrick O'Sullivan went from Top 10 to mid 2nd round....at where he got picked it was a steal...but in the Top 5 you've got to know there would have been noise about him being to high etc...

I hope Schremp does pan out...but what can people say to think that he won't go all Patt Falloon or Alex Daigle on us...?

I know that's hard to predict and somewhat irrelevant at this point....but it'd be nice to know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad