Info on Cody Almond?

kblanch1

Mar 3, 2002
Manchester, CT
Visit site
Any projections? He wasn't even ranked in the mid-term rankings for CSB, but now he is a possibility for Team Canada in the U-18 tourney? What kind of player is he? He must be a 4-5 round pick, I would think...but with a good showing at the U-18...who knows? I haven't seen him play...so I was just wondering what folks thought of him. As always...any info would be greatly appreciated.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
I can't say I watched many Kelowna games this year but when I did, Almond was a player that stood out to me. He has good size and seems strong. He has pretty good hands and plays a power game. Like lots of young guys in the power forward mold, he seems to take the odd shift off.

He's arguably the best forward on a rebuilding Kelowna squad. He was recently awarded as the Rockets top scorer, best scholastic player, as well as most improved. His numbers are somewhat modest but he should develop into a more dominant scorer as this team matures. There is a lot of good young talent on this team (Schenn, Long, Bloodoff, Myers, etc, etc, plus high picks in the Bantam and Euro drafts). With this influx of talent and a strong program in Kelowna, Cody will have the opportunity to develop into one of the top players in the WHL over the next few years.

I'm not sure why he was missing on the midterm rankings but he had a really good second half to the season so he'll be drafted for sure. I haven't seen him quite enough but my guess is he will go between the 3rd and 5th round.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Some people have him going as high as the 2nd round, which is a bit too high IMO.

Good size, skill for a guy on such a poor Kelowna team this season, he seemed to stand out for them. He was a standout last season when I saw him as well, though on a much stronger team he didn't play much, and scored at a much slower pace. I could picture him cracking the 4th round in the draft this year as a project player, maybe some teams would like to see him develop into a role playing 3rd-4th liner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad