Info on Ben Maxwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
I don't catch a lot of WHL games out here in the east but when I do, I'm sure to look up a few Kootenay matchups and I often take note of Ben Maxwell's obvious talents with the puck and his excellent playmaking abilities. Right now, he's having a pretty good sophomore season but hasn't really exploded offensively the way most pundits expected him to at the beginning of the season. I would comprare his current situation to Benjamin Breault of the Baie Comeau Drakkars, I think other players on his team have simply overshadowed him. My guess is that his size and modest production will prevent him from cracking the top 25 and that his upside is that of a decent top 6 forward on a mediocre team.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
He's gone into quite a slump since the prospects game. 1 goal, 2 points in 10 games since.

Probable 2nd round pick. He's quick, has good instincts, sees the ice well. Quick hands around the net. But he's also smallish, really weak on the puck, and lacking in grit. I was surprised at how well he did in the skating events at the prospects game because I never perceived him as being that outright fast.

Upside is that he adds some strength and bulk, and can develop into an undersized 2nd-tier scorer something along the lines of what Jason Pominville has done. Downside is smallish AHL player, a la Duncan Milroy.

I'd have him pegged somewhere in the 35-50 range. Probably the 5th-8th WHL player selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad