Info on Andrew Ladd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goalie Terrorizer

Mar 6, 2002
Québec cty
Visit site
I was reading the news on rds.ca and they showed the rankings of the best north american skaters for the upcoming draft. Andrew Ladd, apparently playing for Calgary in the WHL, was ranked second over guys like Wolski, Barker and Mcgrath. The thing is that I just never heard anything on this guy. Can someone give me some info on him ? What position does he plays ? What are his numbers so far and most of all was I missing something or it is normal to see him 2nd overall in NA ? Thanks a lot. BTW, here is the list :

1-Kyle Chipchura, WHL, Prince Albert

2-Andrew Ladd, WHL, Calgary

3-Wojtek Wolski, OHL, Brampton

4-Alexandre Picard, LHJMQ, Lewiston

5- Cameron Barker, WHL, Medicine Hat

Hitman*

I think that whoever made these rankings were looking largely at stats.

Ladd was playing with Getz and Segal for most of the year, now his production has dropped off.

I see a high to mid second rounder really.

icarus

Mar 6, 2002
Kingston, ON
Visit site
Hitman said:
Ladd was playing with Getz and Segal for most of the year, now his production has dropped off.

I disagree. He played quite well for the Hitmen while Getzlaf was off at the WJC. He seems a bit like Getz to be honest, big and skilled from the hash-marks in. He's been great in the games I've seen him play, and I would be quite surprised if he slipped to the second round.

goteam

Dec 16, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Hitman said:
I think that whoever made these rankings were looking largely at stats.

Every time I have seen the Hitmen play this year-----that was my exact thinking regarding Ladd. I think the thing with Ladd though is that the fact he is even ranked by CSB is a testiment to the hard work he has put in since last season, where he was toiling through the Junior A ranks. IMO, this says a ton about his character and teams have taken note of that, as well as CSB.

Goalie Terrorizer

Mar 6, 2002
Québec cty
Visit site
Well, as it seems most people disagree with these rankings, how would you re-rank these 5 guys. I am not very knowlegable on this but from what I hear I think it should look like that :

1. Barker
2. Wolski
3. Chipchura
4. Picard
5. Ladd

Also, where do you think Picard and Chip will go overall into the draft ?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Goalie Terrorizer said:
Well, as it seems most people disagree with these rankings, how would you re-rank these 5 guys. I am not very knowlegable on this but from what I hear I think it should look like that :

1. Barker
2. Wolski
3. Chipchura
4. Picard
5. Ladd

Us Amateur Scouts can disagree all we want ..We are not professionally trained scouts ..well at least the majority are not ...

and I always get a kick out of how Message board posters feel they know more than professionals ... this wouldn't happen on other boards ... If there was a Medical board ..could we come on and question Surgeons and say I would have done that heart surgery different... Or how about a Lawyer board ... I would have tried that case differently....

So if we can't do it on other boards ...how come we think we can do it here with no professional training?????

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
The Messenger said:
Us Amateur Scouts can disagree all we want ..We are not professionally trained scouts ..well at least the majority are not ...

and I always get a kick out of how Message board posters feel they know more than professionals ... this wouldn't happen on other boards ... If there was a Medical board ..could we come on and question Surgeons and say I would have done that heart surgery different... Or how about a Lawyer board ... I would have tried that case differently....

So if we can't do it on other boards ...how come we think we can do it here with no professional training?????

I agree to some extent, but generally speaking we have the same training as hockey scouts. I can compare every single hockey player that I have watched over the last 30 years. I can pick out their strengths, weaknesses and I can project who I think will turn into a great player.

In those other professions we don't have the same training. Hang on....jfont...pass me the scalpel.

Hitman*

icarus said:
I disagree. He played quite well for the Hitmen while Getzlaf was off at the WJC. He seems a bit like Getz to be honest, big and skilled from the hash-marks in. He's been great in the games I've seen him play, and I would be quite surprised if he slipped to the second round.

He works his ass off, no argument here, but he can't make things happen on his own as well as Getz can, but he does use his size more effectively. He just doesn't have enough raw skill to warrant a ranking that high IMO.

Goalie Terrorizer

Mar 6, 2002
Québec cty
Visit site
The Messenger said:

Well, for myself I clearly stated that I was not very knowlegable on this topic. I do not pretend to be anything near what NHL scouts can be and this is not my goal. However, I know that some people here (probably not the majority) know a lot on these players and are able to rank them by what they saw. I know that I won't get anything professionnal by asking for information on this board (and this is not what I am looking for) but I just wanted to have some opinions as these rankings seemed controversial to me (and maybe I am totally wrong) ! I never said that I would consider the answers I would get as an ultimate truth, I just wanted to see how guys here see this situation. I don't see what's wrong with that unless I would have hoped the receive a professionnal point of view, which was not the case.

meds09

Jan 14, 2004
Goalie Terrorizer said:

1. Barker
2. Wolski
3. Chipchura
4. Picard
5. Ladd

I think Picard will go somewhere between 20th to 25th while Chipchura should go between 10th to 18th.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Goalie Terrorizer said:
Well, for myself I clearly stated that I was not very knowlegable on this topic. I do not pretend to be anything near what NHL scouts can be and this is not my goal. However, I know that some people here (probably not the majority) know a lot on these players and are able to rank them by what they saw. I know that I won't get anything professionnal by asking for information on this board (and this is not what I am looking for) but I just wanted to have some opinions as these rankings seemed controversial to me (and maybe I am totally wrong) ! I never said that I would consider the answers I would get as an ultimate truth, I just wanted to see how guys here see this situation. I don't see what's wrong with that unless I would have hoped the receive a professionnal point of view, which was not the case.

Thats an excellent post and in all fairness I to believe your question was very fair and all responses you get will give you more insight..

It was directed towards those that reponded with 1 or two word answers Overrated or Very overrated..etc....

but I commend the people that gave an honest opinion..

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
meds09 said:
I think Picard will go somewhere between 20th to 25th while Chipchura should go between 10th to 18th.
I dunno .. I think picard won't last the 15th pick ...
he's that good ... top 10 pick would be a strecht but that won't surprise me if it happen ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->