Info for fans visiting Buffalo

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Can tickets be purchased up until gametime at Keybank via stubhub or is there a cut off time? Can I show my stubhub purchased tickets from my phone or do they have to be printed? Thank you
Stubhub definitely doesn't run up until gametime. Not sure exactly what time they stop selling, but I've bought tickets off of it up to a few hours before the game in the past.

You CAN show your ticket via smartphone.

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
Hey everyone, sorry if this has been asked before, but I will be in town next weekend and was wondering if any bars would show the Sens game at 7pm Saturday night downtown?? Figure with Sabres playing at 1pm should be ok. Thanks.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Hey everyone, sorry if this has been asked before, but I will be in town next weekend and was wondering if any bars would show the Sens game at 7pm Saturday night downtown?? Figure with Sabres playing at 1pm should be ok. Thanks.

Possibly 716 ... I do know that if you sit near a TV you can ask to have a certain game turned on. That may be your best bet. Call 716 to pick their brains and reserve a booth or seat near a TV.

Reactions: Pancakes Pancakes

Doohickie

Ft Worth (from Bflo)
Feb 16, 2013
So last week I had to go up to Buffalo for a family thing. I haven't lived there since the early '80s; there's a lot of stuff I've missed out on. I grew up eating chicken wings, but never made it to the Anchor Bar. Well I finally did last week.

47679783_1940085009373713_6910533097146548224_n.jpg

47574480_1940084949373719_6787436001548566528_n.jpg

If you've never been, it's at the north end of the hospital district, and Main & North. If the top picture extended more to the right you'd see a parking garage for the hospitals.

I will say this though: If you go there looking for some sort of religious experience, you may be disappointed. They wings are good, but bear in mind that thousands of other restaurants have tried to copy them as closely as possible so you're probably not going to have some epiphany of taste. Still it was neat to eat some wings where it all began.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Hey guys Im in town with my son for a hockey tournament this weekend. He loves buffalo wings so I want to take him to a couple places. Im glad Doohickie the poster above me mentioned Anchor Bar bc we will definitely have to go check it out, but are there any other places in town that you guys would say have better wings? Where are the best wings in Buffalo?

Also I guess I will try a beef on wheck at charlies like people mentioned on the first page of this thread.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Hey guys Im in town with my son for a hockey tournament this weekend. He loves buffalo wings so I want to take him to a couple places. Im glad Doohickie the poster above me mentioned Anchor Bar bc we will definitely have to go check it out, but are there any other places in town that you guys would say have better wings? Where are the best wings in Buffalo?

Also I guess I will try a beef on wheck at charlies like people mentioned on the first page of this thread.
I no longer live in the area, but for Wings, Duffs at Sheridan and Millersport is 10 minutes from the Pepsi center if your tournament is there. For some, Duffs is gold standard. At worst, bronze medal.

Where is tournament / hotel? other posters can respond with best places in that proximity.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY

I’m glad you read thru the thread. Sometimes we feel like we are repeating ourselves lol.
I think someone mentioned Gabriel’s Gate as having good wings. Some swear by Duffs as having better wings than Anchor bar. Some are of the opposite opinion. And yet, others say Gabriel’s Gate beat them both. :dunno:

If you want to try something other than wings for a lunch or dinner, go to Chef’s. It’s a great local pasta joint. Get the Spaghetti Parmesan. :thumbu:

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
We went to Duffs tonight. My son said they were the best wings he ever had but I wasnt really blown away by them. We are staying at a hotel near the airport so Duffs was like 5 minutes from us.

We’ll try Anchor and Gabriels gate before we leave bc I have to see for myself who has the best wings in Buffalo.

Still need to try a beef on wheck, we passed that place on the way to Duffs, and sure we will check out Chefs bc I need to load him up on carbs tomorrow night for energy anyway.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

rick6668

Jan 22, 2013
Rochester, NY
Hey guys. Taking my son to Thursday's game against the Penguins. (Coming from Rochester. Yes, we are Penguin fans.) Just picked up 2 tickets and they include a parking pass.
The Pass says PRAMP1. We've been to the arena only one other time a few years ago, but didn't have a parking pass. Where do I go to park? I looked at the map on the Sabres site, but I'm not sure exactly where to go.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
Hey guys. Taking my son to Thursday's game against the Penguins. (Coming from Rochester. Yes, we are Penguin fans.) Just picked up 2 tickets and they include a parking pass.
The Pass says PRAMP1. We've been to the arena only one other time a few years ago, but didn't have a parking pass. Where do I go to park? I looked at the map on the Sabres site, but I'm not sure exactly where to go.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
This is a guess but I'm assuming it's the lot on Illinois St. that runs between Perry and South Park. I'd suggest calling the ticket office and verifying as I'm certainly not positive.

Have fun.

Reactions: rick6668

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
Where’s the best place to get wings, pizza, and beer decently close to the arena. I noticed the Anchor bar and Gabriel’s are a bit far. My friends and I are staying at Adams Mark hotel, got any suggestions?

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Where’s the best place to get wings, pizza, and beer decently close to the arena. I noticed the Anchor bar and Gabriel’s are a bit far. My friends and I are staying at Adams Mark hotel, got any suggestions?

Pearl Street Brewery in terms of vicinity to the arena. Their pizza is solid and it's close by the arena. I'm not sure about their wings, but I doubt they're bad.

Bada Bing would be my suggestion if you're willing to go a tiny bit farther.

If you don't know, you can take the metro for transportation. They arrive every 12 minutes or so and take you up and down main street. It's free above ground (which is where you would use it).

Reactions: WillTheThrill

Boston

Captain Chara
Oct 3, 2005
I'm not sure where else to put this - but wondering if anyone here has any further info on a quiz game that the Sabres had as one of their in-game features at KeyBank Center this season. As it has been explained to me, fans were asked to logon to a website where they would be asked trivia questions during a break in play. There was a live leader board based on how many you answered correct, as well as how quickly you answered each question. If somebody could confirm this / provide any further info, that would be greatly appreciated!

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Hey, Sabre fans, heading your way for the Prospects Challenge tomorrow and Saturday. Staying at the Falls, Ontario side. Any advice on bridge to use/avoid to get back and forth to the arena would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->