Info for fans visiting Buffalo

1. ZZamboni

ZZamboni Puttin' on the Foil

Possibly 716 ... I do know that if you sit near a TV you can ask to have a certain game turned on. That may be your best bet. Call 716 to pick their brains and reserve a booth or seat near a TV.

Pancakes Pancakes likes this.
  2. Doohickie

Doohickie Ft Worth (from Bflo)

So last week I had to go up to Buffalo for a family thing. I haven't lived there since the early '80s; there's a lot of stuff I've missed out on. I grew up eating chicken wings, but never made it to the Anchor Bar. Well I finally did last week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you've never been, it's at the north end of the hospital district, and Main & North. If the top picture extended more to the right you'd see a parking garage for the hospitals.

I will say this though: If you go there looking for some sort of religious experience, you may be disappointed. They wings are good, but bear in mind that thousands of other restaurants have tried to copy them as closely as possible so you're probably not going to have some epiphany of taste. Still it was neat to eat some wings where it all began.

3. Oak

Oak Trade Lundqvist

Hey guys Im in town with my son for a hockey tournament this weekend. He loves buffalo wings so I want to take him to a couple places. Im glad Doohickie the poster above me mentioned Anchor Bar bc we will definitely have to go check it out, but are there any other places in town that you guys would say have better wings? Where are the best wings in Buffalo?

Also I guess I will try a beef on wheck at charlies like people mentioned on the first page of this thread.

4. brian_griffin

brian_griffin "Premiere Poster" ??

Hunter-Gatherer
    I no longer live in the area, but for Wings, Duffs at Sheridan and Millersport is 10 minutes from the Pepsi center if your tournament is there. For some, Duffs is gold standard. At worst, bronze medal.

Where is tournament / hotel? other posters can respond with best places in that proximity.

5. ZZamboni

I’m glad you read thru the thread. Sometimes we feel like we are repeating ourselves lol.
    I think someone mentioned Gabriel’s Gate as having good wings. Some swear by Duffs as having better wings than Anchor bar. Some are of the opposite opinion. And yet, others say Gabriel’s Gate beat them both. :dunno:

If you want to try something other than wings for a lunch or dinner, go to Chef’s. It’s a great local pasta joint. Get the Spaghetti Parmesan. :thumbu:

6. Oak

Oak Trade Lundqvist

We went to Duffs tonight. My son said they were the best wings he ever had but I wasnt really blown away by them. We are staying at a hotel near the airport so Duffs was like 5 minutes from us.

We’ll try Anchor and Gabriels gate before we leave bc I have to see for myself who has the best wings in Buffalo.

Still need to try a beef on wheck, we passed that place on the way to Duffs, and sure we will check out Chefs bc I need to load him up on carbs tomorrow night for energy anyway.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

7. steam whistle

steam whistle Registered User

Electrician
    anyone selling level 300 tickets for Game on Feb 1?

8. ZZamboni

Change that 1 to a 5, and yes... I have section 320, two seats, dead center ice. Feb 5th.
    $78 for the game.

9. steam whistle

Electrician
    $78 for 1 seat or 2 seats? no offence, just curious.

10. ZZamboni

For
    The
    Game

11. steam whistle

Electrician
    Update again looking for game of February 1.

Thanks