Indy hires Doug Christiansen as head coach

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
The Indy Fuel announced Doug Christiansen as the team's third head coach Friday.

From the team release:
Christiansen continues his coaching career in the ECHL after finishing up his first season as head coach with the Manchester Monarchs. He compiled a 39-29-4 record in 72 regular season games while also boasting a strong playoff run during his first season as a head coach which ended in the second round in a 4-2 series won by the Newfoundland Growlers, who would go on to win the 2019 Kelly Cup.

“We are very excited to have Doug join the Fuel organization,” Fuel owner Jim Hallett said. “We were overwhelmed by the number of applicants during our extensive search for the next head coach. The top qualities we looked at were leadership, experience and the ability to recruit top talent. With Doug’s experience both as a winning coach in Manchester and his ability to build relationships with players while serving as Director of Recruitment for the USHL we are confident he will build a victorious tradition in Indy and serve as a pillar in the community.”

Full release: Doug Christiansen announced as next Fuel head coach | Indy Fuel Hockey

Extended interview with Doug on the Indy Fuel's "Under the Hood" podcast:

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Pretty good get, if I may say so. Hopefully he'll be in attendance at the annual Garage Sale next Thursday so us fans can get to know him.

Reactions: JMCx4

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
Pretty good get, if I may say so. Hopefully he'll be in attendance at the annual Garage Sale next Thursday so us fans can get to know him.
I got to know him a bit when he was a Royal. He's a really good guy, and always takes time to talk to fans. He's had success everywhere he has been since he retired, as a coach, GM, executive of various organization.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I got to know him a bit when he was a Royal. He's a really good guy, and always takes time to talk to fans. He's had success everywhere he has been since he retired, as a coach, GM, executive of various organization.

Likewise I remember him from his short stint with the Inferno. I didn't interact with him, especially not to the extent you did, but it's always nice to see guys like that transition into coaching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->