Indy Fuel announce new 8500 seat arena

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis

It would move the team from the Indiana Farmers Coliseum, which the team has been residing since inception and has hosted minor league teams for decades, to a new venue up in Hamilton County. It would seat 8500, which is more than the 6800 average of the Coliseum, and provide more opportunities for additional events given it'll be part of a hotel and entertainment district. Perhaps even an NAHL team will come later.

I mean, I like the Coliseum cause it's easy for me to get to but the team doesn't control that venue; the Indiana State Fair does. Which makes traffic in and out of games a hassle. And the fair probably would like to use the dates for shows.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
That will be a nice upgrade for the Fuel, having the managerial control will also open other revenue streams by filling the dates they don't occupy it.

Reactions: Clinton Comets EHL

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
That will be a nice upgrade for the Fuel, having the managerial control will also open other revenue streams by filling the dates they don't occupy it.
I just hope that, when they move, they get serious about staffing (a good chunk quit on the organization this past year) cause they've been getting lazy at the Coliseum when it comes to food service. Feels like the majority of people end up visiting the Chick-fil-A booth due to how they don't try anymore.

Reactions: mk80

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad