Individual awards announced!

wildone26*

Crosby very much deserved best forward. Good for him. Holmqvist best goalie? Shame on you people, shame on you for that chose. Must have been the same people that voted Brodeur for the last Vezina over Luongo or something, perhaps they have a group called the "klugheads" and they roll the dice to determine which times they are allowed to vote on an award to create controversy.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Matti_A said:
And Crosby should have been the tournament mvp imho (or perhaps Mezin).

If Canada got bronze he probably would have but canada lost so he didn't and shouldn't. Crosby was the leagues MVP which is pretty obvious..almost 2 point a game average (go figure last game he gets 0 for the first time since we played Belarus, so the first game and last game :/).

MMX

Aug 3, 2005
Minsk
66-87-29 said:
(go figure last game he gets 0 for the first time since we played Belarus, so the first game and last game :/).

Actually, Belarus played Canada in the exhibition game right before the tournament. But yes, he was held pointless in that game.

Not to hijack this thread, but in the light of this I'd really like to congratulate young Belarusian defenseman Denisov. He was virtually unknown before the tournament, but stood out in the aforementioned game vs. Canada where he drew personal assignment of containing Crosby. He continued his stellar play against top opposing forwards when he held both Hossa and Ovechkin pointless. And his absence against Sweden due to match penalty in the previous game was really noticeable out there.
I'd say, breakout tournament for him, congratulations :handclap:

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
MMX said:
Media All-Star Team:
Goalie: Andrei Mezin (Belarus)
Defense: Petteri Nummelin (Finland), Niklas Kronwall (Sweden)
Forwards: Sidney Crosby (Canada), David Vyborny (Czech Republic), Alexander Ovechkin (Russia)
First time they all are from different countries?

And Mezin should've gotten the best goalie award...

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
MMX said:
Not to hijack this thread, but in the light of this I'd really like to congratulate young Belarusian defenseman Denisov. He was virtually unknown before the tournament, but stood out in the aforementioned game vs. Canada where he drew personal assignment of containing Crosby. He continued his stellar play against top opposing forwards when he held both Hossa and Ovechkin pointless. And his absence against Sweden due to match penalty in the previous game was really noticeable out there.
I'd say, breakout tournament for him, congratulations :handclap:

How old is Denisov & where is he playing MMX ? I'd agree + Kolasau + Kolosov the defensive side of things also looks very bright for Belarus. :)

MMX

Aug 3, 2005
Minsk
takharov said:
How old is Denisov & where is he playing MMX ?

He is 21 years old and is currently playing for Keramin Minsk. There is some talk that his performance caught an eye of several RSL clubs, so expect a move there soon.

Sampe

Feb 27, 2002
Vantaa
tom_servo said:
For what it's worth, Crosby says he prefers the smaller ice.

I'm sure he does, but international ice surface is tailor-made for smart, smallish playmakers like Crosby who have a lot more room and a lot more passing options there.

Crosby can obviously be a superstar regardless of the size of the rink, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad