Indigenous Celebration game, sport custom warmup jerseys

smulkie

Jan 12, 2023
Hi all,

Hope all well! I have a question to be answered, and hope to get your opinion.

Yesterday they auctioned the one-of-a-kind jerseys (signed by leads players) of the Indigenous Celebration game (sport custom warmup jerseys from the Toronto Maple Leafs, designed by an Ojibwe artist where 100% of the proceeds from the auction will be donated to Toronto Council Fire Native Cultural Centre: Leafs fans are bidding thousands of dollars for Indigenous Celebration Game jerseys | Offside

I was wondering, if these jerseys will increase in value over time? I can imagine this depends on the player and the price payed for but lets say for example Michael Bunting was sold for around 5k. Will a jersey like this eventually decrease or increase in value over time (20+ years)?

Best,

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Hi all,

Hope all well! I have a question to be answered, and hope to get your opinion.

Yesterday they auctioned the one-of-a-kind jerseys (signed by leads players) of the Indigenous Celebration game (sport custom warmup jerseys from the Toronto Maple Leafs, designed by an Ojibwe artist where 100% of the proceeds from the auction will be donated to Toronto Council Fire Native Cultural Centre: Leafs fans are bidding thousands of dollars for Indigenous Celebration Game jerseys | Offside

I was wondering, if these jerseys will increase in value over time? I can imagine this depends on the player and the price payed for but lets say for example Michael Bunting was sold for around 5k. Will a jersey like this eventually decrease or increase in value over time (20+ years)?

Best,
Bunting, IMO will decrease. Is his shirt actually going for 5k?

Artist did a great job, design was great. Thought they missed a big opportunity not putting the t-shirts on sale for charity at the game. I know would have picked up a few.

Reactions: Burnie97

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I'll admit, I'm not usually one for this custom jerseys (ie. the Bieber's one), but the team knocked it out of the park with this one. That aqua blue looked amazing on the jersey.

I'd imagine with the rarity of such jerseys, and over time collectors desiring to add such rare collectibles, that they'll increase in value.

smulkie

Jan 12, 2023
Thanks for all the replies, very helpfull. I bid on it and I won (and so need to pay also if I do not want to, the auction is saying that I cannot retract the bid, not sure if I wont pay what will happen).

I love the jersey as it is a one of a kind and Bunting has a good season but it is a lot of money and therefore I was also wondering if it could be an investment for over the next 25 years if I ever wanted to sell again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad