Trade: [IND/NE] Phillip Dorsett to the Patriots for Jacoby Brissett

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Dorsett wont do anything in New England, he's like 7th or 8th best option on the offense. Still a pretty good pickup when they only give up a 3rd string QB.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Didn't think Dorsett fell that hard already.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Another failed Colts draft pick. i am almost positive since Luck was drafted, none of their 1st round picks have amounted to anything.

I would not be shocked to see him hit 500-600 yards in NE. Kudos to Belichik on getting a depth piece for a QB who wasn't going to see a minute of action.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Another failed Colts draft pick. i am almost positive since Luck was drafted, none of their 1st round picks have amounted to anything.

I would not be shocked to see him hit 500-600 yards in NE. Kudos to Belichik on getting a depth piece for a QB who wasn't going to see a minute of action.

ryan kelly is a good center. 1st rounder in 2016.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Nothing trade - Dorsett will be lucky to stick all year, Brissett might not even be an NFL QB.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

He can't catch and you can't teach 24 year olds who can only run deep routes how to catch. His skill set is entirely reliant on hand placement. We should probably stop acting like every scrub the Patriots pick up will turn out to be good.

He may hit a few go routes but I would be surprised if he was on the team very long.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
He can't catch and you can't teach 24 year olds who can only run deep routes how to catch. His skill set is entirely reliant on hand placement. We should probably stop acting like every scrub the Patriots pick up will turn out to be good.

He may hit a few go routes but I would be surprised if he was on the team very long.

Yep. Just run him deep out of bunch sets and see if he loosen up coverage. Don't expect him to get open beating press on the outside.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Dorsett's main value to the Patriots is as a returner. Edelman and Cyrus Jones are done, and Austin Carr was a surprise cut.

Anything Dorsett does as a pass catcher is gravy, he's a WR5 at best on the depth chart right now.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Dorsett's main value to the Patriots is as a returner. Edelman and Cyrus Jones are done, and Austin Carr was a surprise cut.

Anything Dorsett does as a pass catcher is gravy, he's a WR5 at best on the depth chart right now.

Top 4 WR for NE set at Cooks, Hogan, Amendola, Mitchell, with Slater as their special teams ace who is WR6. Leaves Dorsett at #5 WR.

Carr not a surprise cut given the depth at WR. You have a 53 man roster, with a P, K, and LS eating p 3 spots.

So, 50 spots left and assume an even split between O and D.

OL - dress 8 guys, but keep 1 extra body, so 9 in total
TE - dress 3 guys
WR - dress 5 but likely have 6 on the roster. So, adding Dorsett keeps Carr off the main roster. See if he makes it to the practice squad or gets picked up.
QB - dress 2, could have another on the roster depending on if you are developing a young QB or not. Pats decided against keeping 3 on the roster this season.
RB - dress 4, but keep 5 on the roster.
So, that's going to be your 25 offensive players.

On D, same type of thing.
9 DL
6 LB
10 DB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad