Inconsistency is Killing This Team

UltimateHKY

They looked confused and disorganized, as they tried to implement a system they don’t fully understand. Then the losses began to pile up. Despite generating more scoring chances and being better defensively in their own zone, the Leafs were still losing.

Article here: http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/uhn-│-maple-leafs-inconsistency-is-killing-this-team/

www.UltimateHockeyNetwork.com
@joshwald @UltimateHKY

Let us know if you have any interest contributing for us at UHN. We're always looking for more writers passionate about hockey! [email protected]

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
This team has been consistently inconsistent for the best part of 4 years!

This team has been a complete embarrassment for the past 10 years!

There you go Shanahan, this is ALL the EVALUATING summed up for you!

Now DO SOMETHING, you moron!

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
Pretty sure not having good enough players is killing the team. And I wouldn't call this a team either. It's a ragtag group of other teams' castaways and UFA mercenaries playing for their next paycheck.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Inconsistency? lol.

They are consistently not good enough - that's what is killing this team. Not inconsistency.

If this was a team that was good one year, bad one year, and then good again and then bad again, sure we can make the argument about inconsistency.

This isn't inconsistency.

This is predictable and consistent. 3 massive 18-wheeler type stretches in 4 years is fantastically consistent.

Leafspoison*

Oh, and BTW, anyone can write for the Bleacher report. ffs

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Article here: http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/uhn-│-maple-leafs-inconsistency-is-killing-this-team/

www.UltimateHockeyNetwork.com
@joshwald @UltimateHKY

Let us know if you have any interest contributing for us at UHN. We're always looking for more writers passionate about hockey! [email protected]

close but you hit the post

first off

the past two collapses should have been our past two 82 game seasons , where this exact same thing happened , what happens over a 11 minute span is moot when measuring it to a seasons woes, the only relevance is the pain factor

secondly , if

one would look at those past 2 full seasons and had kept an eye on the metrics, then this massive collapse should come as little surprise.

this roster, the past history and this years metrics all pointed to a repeat

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Everyone knew from day 1 this season knew the team would be a borderline bubble team.

Everyone knew from day 1 this season Carlyle should have been gone after last season and no real changes were made to the system.

Everyone knew from day 1 this season that shuffling bottom 6 players wasn't going to change the team identity.

There's nothing inconsistent about a team with a proven track record of not being good enough not being good enough. There is absolutely nothing surprising about this year.

Shanahan's plan has always been to burn this year figuring out what he can do and then using Nonis/Carlyle as the fall guys. His plan (or lack of) should start to become pretty apparent by the TDL.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
All teams go on hot stretches, including other consistent bottom 10 teams.

It's not inconsistency, because that implies the team is better than what theyve shown. Its simply that its a bad team, and that theyre as bad as what theyve consistently shown over 82 game seasons.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Everyone knew from day 1 this season knew the team would be a borderline bubble team.

Everyone knew from day 1 this season Carlyle should have been gone after last season and no real changes were made to the system.

Everyone knew from day 1 this season that shuffling bottom 6 players wasn't going to change the team identity.

There's nothing inconsistent about a team with a proven track record of not being good enough not being good enough. There is absolutely nothing surprising about this year.

Shanahan's plan has always been to burn this year figuring out what he can do and then using Nonis/Carlyle as the fall guys. His plan (or lack of) should start to become pretty apparent by the TDL.

not sure using the term "everyone" is right

I had them predicted to pick 5th overall before the season started. that ain't a bubble PO team

to call this team a bubble team/mediocre (look up the meaning)/middle of the road

would be flat out wrong and too generous.

they have not been that team over 82 games since they fired jfj jr , I can't believe how long it takes folks to see that.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
All teams go on hot stretches, including other consistent bottom 10 teams.

It's not inconsistency, because that implies the team is better than what theyve shown. Its simply that its a bad team, and that theyre as bad as what theyve consistently shown over 82 game seasons.

when I think of this team, I think of

Buster Douglas.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

I had them predicted to pick 5th overall before the season started. that ain't a bubble PO team

to call this team a bubble team/mediocre (look up the meaning)/middle of the road

they have not been that team over 82 games since they fired jfj jr , I can't believe how long it takes folks to see that.

Look at the standings man - look at where they generally finish, and where they pick in the draft; it's a middle of the road, mediocre, average team.

If it truly was a horrific team, they would be stacked up like Edmonton or Florida with highly talented young players. They aren't.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013

Well, I did say "borderline" bubble team, meaning they'd be lucky to be in a fight for the last slot. They could still easily finish a few points outside the playoffs if they string together a good stretch, there's a lot of games left and Lupul usually comes in hot after injuries, he could wake some guys up and throw a wrench into the draft position.

Regardless, it's all semantics, they were never good enough to have any success. Getting swept in the first round would essentially be the Leaf's version of winning the cup this year.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Look at the standings man - look at where they generally finish, and where they pick in the draft; it's a middle of the road, mediocre, average team.

If it truly was a horrific team, they would be stacked up like Edmonton or Florida with highly talented young players. They aren't.

average/middle of the road, mediocre is 15 th in the standings in a 30 team league, we have not been that lofty since they fired jfj jr.

so ya go look at the standings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad