News Article: Incoming Sens president needs to tackle stale centurion logo

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If we are going with the centurion we need to encorporate some more roman. Maybe put the grass crown somewhere

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Here's a real mockup of a pure white heritage jersey

C2Yja9qXUAApKSr.jpg:large

Really like the white version. There is enough solid that it balances out. I think I like it better than the black. Nice jerseys.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Also bring back the theme song! I don't give a **** how 90s and cheesy it is, it's ****ing badass and nothing screams "Ottawa Senators" more than that song.

(skip to 1:30)

:yo: Just awesome, used to get me so pumped up before a game! Bring it back! :yo:

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Also bring back the theme song! I don't give a **** how 90s and cheesy it is, it's ****ing badass and nothing screams "Ottawa Senators" more than that song.

(skip to 1:30)

:yo: Just awesome, used to get me so pumped up before a game! Bring it back! :yo:

Yeah I agree!

Bob Kudelski

Mar 8, 2006
Ottawa, ON
Original Sens Logo is by far the best this team has ever had.

The 95-97 variations of the jersey are amazing, but the earlier ones are also pretty badass.
http://nhluniforms.com/Senators/SenatorsNEW.html

The heritage logo and jersey is too flat and plain to be our primary.

Can we all agree on this?

Also, the original Sens theme song is awesome and should always be played.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
I live pretty far away so haven't been able to go to many games in the past few years. I didn't even know they got rid of that song. That's crazy. That song is as old as the Sens and is tied into the fabric of the organization. It's iconic and uniquely Senators. That's one of those things that should still be with the organization in 100 years when Erik Karl-tron and Marc Meth-bot are patrolling the blueline.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I didn't even know they got rid of that song. That song is as old as the Sens and is tied into the fabric of the organization. It's iconic and uniquely Senators. That's one of those things that should still be with the organization.
Yep, whomever has been marketing the team for the last decade (same issue with the jersey's) was probably being told to modernize. Guessing it was Melnyk trying to put his stamp on the team. Whatever the reason, nows a great time to go back and hopefully this new Pres, gets it!

Dont F*** with tradition!

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
If they really want to keep the centurion then they could integrate that with the 0 perhaps.

Have the big 0 with a centurion helmet on it :laugh:

Like mine, except done by someone with some artistic sense + talent?

XQ8D6hL.png

Last edited:

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
That's really well done. Nice work. I'm not sure I'd like it on a jersey but cool idea and great execution.

MaxTheLimit

Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
That's really well done. Nice work. I'm not sure I'd like it on a jersey but cool idea and great execution.

I'm sure someone with some sort of professional background could execute it better. The only part about it I thought was particularly clever was that the 11 streaks in the crest to hearken back to the 11 cup wins of the original teams ranging from 1903 to 1927.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Brutal honesty alert: Throw that idea out the window. Vegas now has the front-facing helmet, so the whole thing is moot regardless of its execution.

Plus, I hate a sideways plume.

MaxTheLimit

Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
Brutal honesty alert: Throw that idea out the window. Vegas now has the front-facing helmet, so the whole thing is moot regardless of its execution.
It wasn't really something I was doing as a suggestion. it was just for myself personally on these forums. I just happened to notice that a suggestion sort of matched with what I had made...

Also, would the difference between a knight helm and a centurion helm be enough to avoid problems?

Plus, I hate a sideways plume.

I don't hate it, but I prefer the back to front length crest. I couldn't get it to look the way I wanted with a front facing helmet, and I couldn't get a profile helmet to look right inside the 'O'.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
iu

I don't think we want a copy cat logo.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad