News Article: Incoming Sens president needs to tackle stale centurion logo

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Didnt know that the heritage jersey was created by a fan. I agree with a lot of the points in the article

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Didnt know that the heritage jersey was created by a fan. I agree with a lot of the points in the article

It was a thread on this board and he made a mockup, refined it and then finally it got attention and replaced the sexy diagonally written "SENS" jerseys.

I think the "3d" cartoon looking logo has served a purpose. It was a busier logo that grabbed attention (especially for younger people - like children) but I think we're now mature and big enough that moving away from that logo makes sense. Whether that's going back to the old one or getting a new one.... IDK. I prefer the original but whatever.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I really doubt we could get a name better than senators. Its a plus that its historically relevant and geographically relevant too

Yeah, but it should not reprensent by a centurion since the reason they are called senators is coming from that.

We should wear the O full time and if we keep the centurion.. than go back to the 2d, god damnit !!!

Last edited:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yeah, but it should not reprensent by a centurion since the reason they are called senators is coming grom that.

We should were the O full time and if we keep the centurion.. than go back to the 2d, god damnit !!!
Keep the O jersey and put the 2d logo on the shoulders:handclap:

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
It was a thread on this board and he made a mockup, refined it and then finally it got attention and replaced the sexy diagonally written "SENS" jerseys.

I think the "3d" cartoon looking logo has served a purpose. It was a busier logo that grabbed attention (especially for younger people - like children) but I think we're now mature and big enough that moving away from that logo makes sense. Whether that's going back to the old one or getting a new one.... IDK. I prefer the original but whatever.

The SENS jersey is the worst jersey of all time. Have no idea why any fan would buy that abomination either

JA

The original logo would be an excellent choice. There was never any reason to move away from it; the Senators lost their aesthetic appeal when they redesigned their sweaters for the Reebok Edge era.

1992-1993_Brady-First-Goal.jpg

1993-1994-Archibald.jpg

1993-1994-Yashin.jpg

1994-1995-Daigle-Lindros.jpg

4198029442_6836d8b9a7_b.jpg

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
The SENS jersey is the worst jersey of all time. Have no idea why any fan would buy that abomination either

I think we can be thankful it was so bad that it allowed for a fan design and grass roots movement to take over and come up with our current alternate jersey.

Xscout*

Feb 9, 2014
Yeah for sure.

Horrible arena location & a veteran core (meaning a few years of bottom feeding is to come shortly to rebuild)

But the logo should be the focus for sure.

Wow hockey media is getting worse every year

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Yeah for sure.

Horrible arena location & a veteran core (meaning a few years of bottom feeding is to come shortly to rebuild)

Ottawa likely will avoid bottom feeding due to White/Chabot and Brown.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Yeah for sure.

Vet core?
Hoffman-Brassard-Stone-Turris-Karlsson-Phaneuf-Methot and Ceci

Thats pretty mixed for a core. You could throw ryan into the core too but hes obviously not a pivotal part of the team outside how much he makes

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Yeah for sure.

The only aging players are Neil, Kelly and Anderson. Methot is over 30 but he still has 4-5 years of good hockey left in the tank. Even Phaneuf isn't that old yet.

The most important player is EK and his not even at his prime years yet.

Also, #gowiththeO should be a thing. Let's get it started...if it hasn't started already.

Question: has the design for the new Adidas jersey been finished already? I hope it isn't too late to alter that considering Leeder indicated a while back that the new Adidas jersey would not have too many changes from the current Reebok Edge design...which stinks

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
The zero jerseys are incredibly overrated.

Good but I don't eat to see them more than couple times a year.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
The zero jerseys are incredibly overrated.

Good but I don't eat to see them more than couple times a year.

I think you are in the minority on this front. Most people would prefer the =0= jersey or something similar to the original 2D jerseys

Watch the Sens rebrand back to the SNES jersey...haha

LatteLarrys

LatteLarry's
Dec 27, 2013
If we do upgrade the heritage "O" to our mains, I would love to bring back one of the original 2D, pre-reebok era sweaters as a possible alternate (or vice versa). I think I even prefer the 2D as the mains.

I hate to say this but maybe even a name change is needed.

And jettison yet another major, historically relevant aspect of our identity? I hope the marketing department doesn't catch wind of this idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad