In your opinion, who is the most overpaid player in the league?

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Andrew Ladd
Was paid 8 million last season for 23-8-31 points
And he makes 7.5 million next season. 78 games ,8 assists , come on man .
Even Stephen scrub Gionta had 5 assists and he only played 25 games .
Yes he was hurt early and played through
Yes he was better second half
No we did not make the playoffs and he was our big free agent . He did not play like a champion

OP did not say cap hit just overpaid so I went with last years overpay.

Dishonorable Mention - Andrew Macdonald

Dishonorable Dishonorable Mention - Any NHL salary paid to Brian Strait

Last edited:

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Price, Lundqvist, Rinne, Rask, Bobrovsky or any other goaltender earning over $7M that I might have forgotten about.

Schneider at $6M or Holtby at $6.1M is the most I would pay a goaltender.

Price at $10.5M is potentially the most overpaid player in the NHL. An elite goaltender like Holtby is making $4.4M less than him. Get an average NHL starter at $4-5M and use that extra $5-6M to get a top-4 defense man or top-6 forward. Get an elite goaltender for $6M, and use that extra $4M to put toward depth.

Hello.

Montreal is paying Carey Price 10.5M$. You're saying they should get an average goaltender instead, because the extra let's say 6M$ in cap space is worth more.

Ok cool. I'll play.

Did you know Montreal already has approx 8M$ of available cap space today?

1...2..3...GO!

Tell us what we do with that cap space to become better.
Afterwards, i'll make sure Bergevin trades Price for an average goalie and have him do that thing you're about to tell us to do again with that extra 6M$. We'll be unstoppable!

Of course, even though we'll be amazing with the changes you're proposing, we'll be nowhere near as good as NJ and Arizona, likely cup finalists. They each have 20M$+ in cap space. Just think of how good that makes them!

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Hello.

Montreal is paying Carey Price 10.5M$. You're saying they should get an average goaltender instead, because the extra let's say 6M$ in cap space is worth more.

Ok cool. I'll play.

Did you know Montreal already has approx 8M$ of available cap space today?

1...2..3...GO!

Tell us what we do with that cap space to become better.
Afterwards, i'll make sure Bergevin trades Price for an average goalie and have him do that thing you're about to tell us to do again with that extra 6M$. We'll be unstoppable!

Of course, even though we'll be amazing with the changes you're proposing, we'll be nowhere near as good as NJ and Arizona, likely cup finalists. They each have 20M$+ in cap space. Just think of how good that makes them!

Don't feed the trolls. Holtby's going to get paid more than Price in 3 years. The first players to sign big deals always stand out, until they become the norm.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Rick Nash has a 7.8M per cap hit, is making 8M in salary and has had two consecutive sub 40 point seasons.

He has been injured alot and played alot not beeing fully healthy. But ye he is overpaid but remember his last injury free season(14/15) he scored 42 goals and 69 points after having injury trouble and a similar season to the 15/16 and 16/17 seasons in 13/14. If he is healthy he scores 30+ and he is a very good twoway player and there is only one year left on his contract.

Most overpaid/worst contracts:
Bobby Ryan
Marc Staal
Dustin Brown
Brent Seabrook

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad