In your opinion, how many pieces is your favorite team away from winning the cup?

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Kings ideally need more scoring from the wing even if Vilardi hits the ground running and Kovi comes back at 30g form, it could be covered from within if Pearson and/or Toffoli pick it up but it increasingly looks like we need to move one of them and upgrade.

Our biggest need though is a top 4 RHD that can eat some big minutes, so we can reduce Doughty’s ice-time. We’ve never replaced Voynov and whilst there are hopes LaDue will step up or hope from some Voynov will return, I don’t see either happening.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
The Penguins are a top 4 dman away from contending. I’d also really like to get a back-up goalie since Murray is so injury prone.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Tampa, already a contender but a better 3c and a mid pair RHD would be great.

Hopefully Cirelli develops into the 3c, and we can wait on foote for the RHD.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I would say a #1G, another top 6 forward or two, and a legit top pairing defenseman. Though we're still a young club so we could end up having that waiting in the wings if things go well.

Uncle Bill

Know it all
Sep 21, 2011
No one is ever a lock for a Cup. With that said..

Jets are a strong playmaking top 6 center and a capable backup away from being very serious contenders.
Nonsense. The Jets are serious contenders today. Viewed by many as one of the top contenders.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Flyers are a 3C, Top 4 D, and G away.

Frost, Sanheim, Myers, and Hart should take care of that in the next couple of years. They just have to hope Giroux, Voracek, and JVR dont rapidly decline in that time period.

There biggest need right now though is a better coach.

Black and Gold 11

Apr 1, 2015
Don’t think the Bruins are really gonna win it until the kids take over, so that being said, they need a good young goalie and a good young center (ie Barzal and Samsonov...)

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I think Toronto is a decent defenseman away from winning it, but I also believe they could win it as they are within a few seasons.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
2 for Toronto.
A top pairing RHD.
A couple more years of seasoning for the young guys.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Yeah, it was a joke. Kind of. Those are the only three guys the Caps lost from their Cup-winning team.
We actually might miss Beagle and Orpik. A couple of hard working vets. Both are very good on the pk. We will miss Beagle in the faceoff circle.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Toronto.

None. The team as is, is a Cup Contender. However adding a top 4 RHD is the one hole we have at this point.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Some scoring wingers, a good backup goalie, an actual scoring defensemen or two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->