In their primes: Russian Rocket vs Golden Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
I'd take Hull even if I don't like him. He was always in the open and he could get his shot away and score from any position so that makes him special to me.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Alfons said:
Bure was the better player no question. If you are considering injuries and his selfishnes, then one might consider Hull. But it depends on whether you have an elite centerman or not. I think if you would switch Bure and Hull, that is let Bure play with Oates, Modano, Zubov etc, and let Hull take Bures place I think this choice would be pretty easy. And by the way saying Bure benefitted from Lumme: :dunno:
which one was more clutch? hull did take bure's place without a center btw, it was mentioned up above. oates was traded for janney, who played with shanahan, not hull. he didnt have a center for years, and still put up 50-60. hull was the clutch scorer, and unstopable on the pp. bure brought you out of your seat, and was more fun to watch. bure definitely benefitted froom his defenseman the way hull did centerman. these guys hitting him with passes out of his zone was his no.1 play. just as crucial to his game as hulls one timer feeds.

Last edited:

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Bure, man and by a fair margin. Hull was always the more instinctual scorer, but who in the hell could really beat you with awesome dekes and speed besides Bure?

AG9NK35DT8*

Very tough choice, but when I saw the options I first said Hull. But then stopped and thought Bure. And in all honesty I would have been happy to see either on the NYR's when in there prime.You know im going to stick with my first option I will go with Hull but by a very very very fineline.

Why wouldnt you have put this on the poll board we all would have been able to see the votes.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
John Flyers Fan said:
.... Speed ??? :dunno:
Sure he had more speed hence the highlight reel breakaways, but I dont see why being more exciting which Bure definatly was means that they were a better player. I would take Hull any day of the week and twice on Sunday especially in their primes.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
c-carp said:
Sure he had more speed hence the highlight reel breakaways, but I dont see why being more exciting which Bure definatly was means that they were a better player. I would take Hull any day of the week and twice on Sunday especially in their primes.

I didn't say that he was. I do think it's very close. Bure could create more on his own than Hull could. Also Bure was a serious threat while short-handed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->