Post-Game Talk (GBU): In the third period tonight, the Sabres and Bolts gave to me...

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Now there's a deserved outcome. Let's keep seeing starting goaltenders, too, plz.

Shot attempts were 31-4 in the 2nd period? How does that happen where you only make four attempts to even get a SOG?

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Bad:

Kevin Oklobzija on Twitter bashing Kaleta saying he sucker punched Boyle ... and Boyle would never expect Kaleta to drop the gloves.

Then he saw the mic'd up Boyle vid and ate crow.

Went on about since Stamkos is a decent guy and would never harm a goalie ..Weber should of never cleared him out of the crease.

What an ass.

I saw this too and was kind of shocked, coming from him. His logic was seriously flawed on that whole thing, especially about the shove that Weber gave Stamkos. Weber did exactly what he should have been doing, it wasn't even close to being dirty IMO. I didn't catch anything he said after watching the video though - I hope he admitted his whole stance was colored by his Stamkos fanboy glasses, or whatever.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
What would it cost, Brad May, to get you to teach Zadorov to fight? Decent game by Zadorov, not really noteworthy, aside from jumping the HedlessHorseman and an even rating but solid I suppose. A few days ago I watched some youtube videos of Zadorov fighting. P.s. if you haven't, don't bother. Such a big man and he just puts his head down. Yikes! Yes, I remember May constantly breaking his hand but it was always on someone's face. Eh, guess there's always Des. Herman won't have excuses next time!!

I know, seriously. I'm like "Yes, Zadorov to the rescue! Wait...what's he doing? Putting his head down and hugging Hedman's face?! Is he trying to bite his neck like vampire?" Maybe he's worried about being punched in the face? Throw some punches, man!

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Despite being down 1-0 after the first, I thought that they played well that period. I thought that period was pretty even.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Now there's a deserved outcome. Let's keep seeing starting goaltenders, too, plz.

Shot attempts were 31-4 in the 2nd period? How does that happen where you only make four attempts to even get a SOG?

The long change was a huge issue, and you can see their confidence deflated after that second goal. The first period was really good. Even their corsi was nearly even. The third period was a **** show full of brawls and penalties so it's hard to gauge that period.

I love the way this team sticks up for each other. It's a far cry from the 'mental midgets' days.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Is Foligno an NHL player? His stock has dropped like a rock.

Honestly, Stewart isn't any better. Neither of them are driving hard to the net. And, I don't care what the stats say, but I watch every game and Stewart gives the puck away unnecessarily more than anyone else on the team. Once in a while, he has a good game or a great shift that makes you think he might put it all together. But then again, so does Foligno. Both of them need to snap out of it.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Honestly, Stewart isn't any better. Neither of them are driving hard to the net. And, I don't care what the stats say, but I watch every game and Stewart gives the puck away unnecessarily more than anyone else on the team. Once in a while, he has a good game or a great shift that makes you think he might put it all together. But then again, so does Foligno. Both of them need to snap out of it.

i feel like they're just those types of players. Hard to deal with

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
The long change was a huge issue, and you can see their confidence deflated after that second goal. The first period was really good. Even their corsi was nearly even. The third period was a **** show full of brawls and penalties so it's hard to gauge that period.

I love the way this team sticks up for each other. It's a far cry from the 'mental midgets' days.

Yea, the long shift change was blaring and we were outcoached as well. Our "keep it to the outside" d zone philosophy was beaten up as Tampa would play keep away for a minute and a half till our guys were gasping then spread em out a bit to walk inside and score. Granted, it worked easier with some players, more than others.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Thank goodness for YouTube. Missed the game, but the MSG and Sabres site game highlights didn't show any of the hits or the fights. I can take a bad loss as long as we're not getting pushed around and we're taking names. Loved seeing Zadorov jump in with zero hesitation with that after-the-play Girgensons hit, and Girgs held his own in the fight after. Even Myers looked pretty feisty in that scrum. Love it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad