In the System VIII (Ads and Prospects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Does this mean someone is coming off IR? Or do they just want him to get playing time rather than being a scratch up here?

Judging by Poile's comments today I think PK's not coming off IR quite yet and Arvi probably won't be back until January, so I'm leaning towards getting him some playing time. He hasn't played since the SJ game where he scored.

Reactions: PredsV82

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Can anyone post a link to the Poile comments?

Edit.. nvm, found it in the injuries thread...

Last edited:

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I just dont see a fresh out of college rookie being thrown into the pressure cooker of playoff hockey when we have multiple veterans with significant experience.

Now, in the 2020 playoffs, that's a definite possibility

McAvoy did it and looked fine. Now, I know Fabbro is not that kind of caliber but still I want to see, and I think Poile wants as well what we have in him and if he will sign at all.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Never say never. I don't remember anyone running around here on draft day talking about how Girard was going to be awesome and walk straight out of juniors and be playing meaningful minutes for a playoff team.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I also think a Fabbro and Hamhuis pair tells me as much about the other 3 turds we have as current options as it does Fabbro. I have 0 confidence in Irwin, Bitetto, and Weber for the playoffs. You can limit their minutes as much as you want but they have been a liability these last couple runs.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
McAvoy did it and looked fine. Now, I know Fabbro is not that kind of caliber but still I want to see, and I think Poile wants as well what we have in him and if he will sign at all.

If Fabbro turns out to be as good as McAvoy I'll happily eat my words

Never say never. I don't remember anyone running around here on draft day talking about how Girard was going to be awesome and walk straight out of juniors and be playing meaningful minutes for a playoff team.

Come on now... we didnt say it on draft day but after a full camp just before he was traded we all knew Girard could play in this league. Maybe Fabbro will sign and surprise us in the last few games of the regular season. But if you believe that's Poiles plan I think you're mistaken. If he signs, he will be a Black Ace this year. Hopefully hes good enough to be a starter with Hamhuis on the third pair next season

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth

Come on now... we didnt say it on draft day but after a full camp just before he was traded we all knew Girard could play in this league. Maybe Fabbro will sign and surprise us in the last few games of the regular season. But if you believe that's Poiles plan I think you're mistaken. If he signs, he will be a Black Ace this year. Hopefully hes good enough to be a starter with Hamhuis on the third pair next season

If he isn't ready even for next year, I'm calling bust.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Yeah, I think the safe expectation for Fabbro is Black Aces. He can probably get a few late regular season games like Tolvanen did last year, and then just be around the team and settle into the routines and everything for however long the playoff stretch goes.

Of course, we also assume we know our top-5 on D and that they'll all be healthy. With the injury attrition in the modern NHL, it's probably not that safe an assumption. Maybe an injury would open the door to Fabbro playing, if he shows he's better than our trio of depth guys. But let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Reactions: PredsV82

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN

Just before he was traded he had already played 7 or 8 NHL games, that's not exactly being the master of prediction.

Like I said, never rule anything out, because you never know what will happen.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Admirals a very Preds like 4 for 64 on the PP in their last 15 games. They had nearly an entire OT worth of PP tonight including 57 seconds of 5 on 3 and failed in every conceivable way.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Admirals a very Preds like 4 for 64 on the PP in their last 15 games. They had nearly an entire OT worth of PP tonight including 57 seconds of 5 on 3 and failed in every conceivable way.

When was the last time you've seen 5v5 in an OT that's regulated to be 3v3?

Terribly officiated game all around, I assume Tyler Sikura won't be suspended for throwing that punch from the bench?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
When was the last time you've seen 5v5 in an OT that's regulated to be 3v3?

Terribly officiated game all around, I assume Tyler Sikura won't be suspended for throwing that punch from the bench?

I was on the road. Could you provide some details?

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
I was on the road. Could you provide some details?

Lotta blatant tripping calls that were ignored (until OT when the Ads got the 5 on 3).

On a PP, Gaudet got hit by the Hogs bench and pushed the guy down on his way up. Another Hog comes in and pushes him into the Hogs bench and Tyler Sikura throws a punch (not sure if it actually connected) while sitting on the bench... all this and Gaudet is the only penalty for roughing.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Who is behind Fabbro as a defensive prospect and Tolvanen as a forward prospect.

Allard, Carrier, Ferrance defensively

....it's pretty damn bare after Tolvanen on the forward front. I honestly think it's a stretch to expect any current forward (except Eeli) that's currently in Milwaukee to be anything more than a short term/depth player in the NHL. It's possible somebody like Richard or one of the over agers gets a cup of coffee as a spark or injury fill in but I can't see anyone being a nightly guy. I think Mismash could still have a chance even though he's been mediocre in the NCAA and the guy I posted above is as good a bet as any. Just not much upside unless I am just completely balking on remembering someone.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Lotta blatant tripping calls that were ignored (until OT when the Ads got the 5 on 3).

On a PP, Gaudet got hit by the Hogs bench and pushed the guy down on his way up. Another Hog comes in and pushes him into the Hogs bench and Tyler Sikura throws a punch (not sure if it actually connected) while sitting on the bench... all this and Gaudet is the only penalty for roughing.

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I want to be a ref!

Are the IceHogs reverting to the Ted Dent (cement head) era? I was there in Milwaukee for the April Fools Day brawl.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I don't want to stray away from actual prospect talk but I wanted to put this here to see if anyone knew the answer. (I was gonna put this in the OT thread but people in here may be more likely to know). Many know that when kids go to the CHL or USHL or whatever level of junior hockey to play, they are placed with billet families who they live with while they live their new life in whatever city they've gone to. If a kid ends up on a team in a city where he has family, would the league be okay with the player staying with family? I'm only being hypothetical but I was just wondering this because I just saw a video about life as a junior prospect and stuff.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I don't want to stray away from actual prospect talk but I wanted to put this here to see if anyone knew the answer. (I was gonna put this in the OT thread but people in here may be more likely to know). Many know that when kids go to the CHL or USHL or whatever level of junior hockey to play, they are placed with billet families who they live with while they live their new life in whatever city they've gone to. If a kid ends up on a team in a city where he has family, would the league be okay with the player staying with family? I'm only being hypothetical but I was just wondering this because I just saw a video about life as a junior prospect and stuff.

I don't know the answer for sure but as long as the family is close enough to the school and rink (or diamond for baseball) and are willing to host the player, I would imagine that is probably preferred that the player live with family.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
I don't know the answer for sure but as long as the family is close enough to the school and rink (or diamond for baseball) and are willing to host the player, I would imagine that is probably preferred that the player live with family.

I'm friends with the family of an NHLer who went through the USNTDP in the USHL, and his grandparents moved to Ann Arbor for a couple years so he could live with them while playing in the USHL, so I'd say its definitely not a problem as long as you're close enough as AF24 mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad