Prospect Info: In the System Part VII (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Richard and Grimaldi are going to cause some problems with their speed this year. Blackwell is pretty fast too. Undressed a defender shorthanded and a toe save was the only thing that stopped a goal.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Can we get the extra Eeli update package for each game?

Sure he hasn't really done much since then. He's had a couple of chances to shoot on the PP bit waited too long (one of the main reasons he should stay here instead of going back to bigger rinks.)

I may not be able to watch much longer though since Kirkland still makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

Tolvanen just had another great pass to Grimaldi on a 5 on 3 but it was saved.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Tolvanen with an assist on a Baptiste breakaway goal.

Sound quality isn't the best especially when the commentator raises his voice but other than that, this AHLTV is awesome.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Tolvanen assist. Loose puck at center on a change, Tolvanen backhands a pass to Baptiste who has a breakaway from the blue line.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
This question should typically go in the "other sports" thread, but it's directed at people from Wisconsin so I figure I may get more feedback here. I just realized how close Minneapolis/St. Paul is from the Wisconsin border. This may sound like blasphemy, but I can't help but wonder if there are parts of western Wisconsin over in that direction that actually root for the Vikings and against the Packers. It's natural to associate the Packers with all things Wisconsin but I guess the Vikings are closer to a decent amount of people than the Pack are. Is this a thing in some parts of the state?

This post can be moved if it needs to be. I'd normally put it in the other one, but I don't know how many Ads fans browse our local sports thread.

Last edited:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
This question should typically go in the "other sports" thread, but it's directed at people from Wisconsin so I figure I may get more feedback here. I just realized how close Minneapolis/St. Paul is from the Wisconsin border. This may sound like blasphemy, but I can't help but wonder if there are parts of western Wisconsin over in that direction that actually root for the Vikings and against the Packers. It's natural to associate the Packers with all things Wisconsin but I guess the Vikings are closer to a decent amount of people than the Pack are. Is this a thing in some parts of the state?

This post can be moved if it needs to be. I'd normally put it in the other one, but I don't know how many Ads fans browse our local sports thread.

It's less of a thing with the Packers but there are certainly some Wisconsin residents near the Twin Cities that go for the Vikings. More common with the Twins and Timberwolves though.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
It's less of a thing with the Packers but there are certainly some Wisconsin residents near the Twin Cities that go for the Vikings. More common with the Twins and Timberwolves though.

Everyone likes a winner :D Although I know some people in extended family that are only ~90 minutes from the Cities, and its a mix of Packer/Vikings but as AdsFan24 noted, its Twins over Brewers for baseball... and who cares about basketball.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

I was in St Paul about 10 years ago for my niece's wedding. There was a Packer bar a block down the street from my hotel. Her father was a Vikings fan, but he gave up on them around 1993. He has stuck to the Packers ever since. He says that he is a "reformed Vikings fan". His deceased wife was from Bemidji and was a big Vikings fan. When he would come to town, he always wanted Packer bumper stickers and window clings to put on her car, kind of like Dale in "King of the Hill".

A few years ago, I was in Chicago. I came across a Packers bar on the north side. Two hours before kickoff, there was a line out the door. I went to Headquarters, a beercade, to play pinball and watch the game. That place is about a mile west of Wrigley Field.

There is a Bears bar in Racine. They painted their door in the winning teams colors. It was green a lot for the Favre era and for the first few years of Rodgers. I pointed out to my wife that the building was cinder block to make it harder to burn down!

Many Packers fans in western Wisconsin buy Vikings tickets to go see Green Bay play, because it is much closer. There have been a few games where the fan noise on TV would make you think the game was in Green Bay. I bet that some games have 1/3 Packers fans in attendance.

I am sure that there are some Vikings fans in western Wisconsin. There is always that 5% that wants to be different or to cheer for an underdog. The only Bears fans that I have known in Milwaukee were people that moved here from Chicagoland. I have met 3 in 37 years of living here.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Blackwell injured so Grimaldi moved up to the first line to center Richard and Tolvanen.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I was in St Paul about 10 years ago for my niece's wedding. There was a Packer bar a block down the street from my hotel. Her father was a Vikings fan, but he gave up on them around 1993. He has stuck to the Packers ever since. He says that he is a "reformed Vikings fan". His deceased wife was from Bemidji and was a big Vikings fan. When he would come to town, he always wanted Packer bumper stickers and window clings to put on her car, kind of like Dale in "King of the Hill".

A few years ago, I was in Chicago. I came across a Packers bar on the north side. Two hours before kickoff, there was a line out the door. I went to Headquarters, a beercade, to play pinball and watch the game. That place is about a mile west of Wrigley Field.

There is a Bears bar in Racine. They painted their door in the winning teams colors. It was green a lot for the Favre era and for the first few years of Rodgers. I pointed out to my wife that the building was cinder block to make it harder to burn down!

Many Packers fans in western Wisconsin buy Vikings tickets to go see Green Bay play, because it is much closer. There have been a few games where the fan noise on TV would make you think the game was in Green Bay. I bet that some games have 1/3 Packers fans in attendance.

I am sure that there are some Vikings fans in western Wisconsin. There is always that 5% that wants to be different or to cheer for an underdog. The only Bears fans that I have known in Milwaukee were people that moved here from Chicagoland. I have met 3 in 37 years of living here.
that beercade is the same kind as the one they have downtown in Nashville on 2nd avenue.

Lumpy66

Apr 11, 2012
Wisconsin

I live about an hour from downtown St. Paul, in Wisconsin, and its about 70% Packers fans. Twins and Brewers are split roughly 50-50 because the area gets FS North instead of Wisconsin so it can be tough to watch the Brewers. I can get radio stations for either the Brewers or Twins.

Before moving up here I though there would be a lot more fans of the Minnesota franchises, just because of the proximity, but for the most part it is pretty split. Only bad part is basically all hockey fan up here are Wild fans, which is understandable I suppose, but lame.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Admirals President Jon Greenberg announced today that the team will televise seven games this season, one per month, on WVTV My24 Milwaukee and digital 24.1, beginning this Saturday night for the team’s home opener at Panther Arena against the Hershey Bears at 7 pm.

The seven games, all at home, are the most the team has broadcast live on TV since the 1998-99 season.

Saturday, October 13 Hershey 7:00 PM

Friday, November 9 Rockford 7:00 PM
Wednesday, December 26 Chicago 7:00 PM
Friday, January 25 Iowa 7:00 PM
Friday, February 8 Wilkes-Barre 7:00 PM
Saturday, March 9 Grand Rapids 7:00 PM
Saturday, April 6 Iowa 6:00 PM

Hooray, I actually get this channel!

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Admirals President Jon Greenberg announced today that the team will televise seven games this season, one per month, on WVTV My24 Milwaukee and digital 24.1, beginning this Saturday night for the team’s home opener at Panther Arena against the Hershey Bears at 7 pm.

The seven games, all at home, are the most the team has broadcast live on TV since the 1998-99 season.

Saturday, October 13 Hershey 7:00 PM
Friday, November 9 Rockford 7:00 PM
Wednesday, December 26 Chicago 7:00 PM
Friday, January 25 Iowa 7:00 PM
Friday, February 8 Wilkes-Barre 7:00 PM
Saturday, March 9 Grand Rapids 7:00 PM
Saturday, April 6 Iowa 6:00 PM

Hooray, I actually get this channel!

I am going to have to figure out some kind of sign to make.

Ads to drop Hershey?

You can kiss it goodbye!

upload_2018-10-11_18-25-48.png

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Fabbro and Farrance both with 2 points in BU season opener. Fabbro 1+1 and Farrance 0+2. Both played on the top pair.

I saw a little bit of the game as I flipped back and forth in between innings of the Brewers Game 1 victory over the Dodgers. They certainly have an excellent coach!

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Farrance with another 2 assist night. Harper also with 2 assists.

4 pts in 2 games for Farrance, who had just 9 all of last season.

Mismash also scored for UND.

Reactions: GoldOnGold
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad