Prospect Info: In the System Part VII (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Kind of a strange question, but I'm not sure where else to ask it. I was at Miller Park this afternoon to see the Brewers play the Pittsburgh Pirates and to my surprise there was a group of fans somewhere in the outfield taunting opposing pitchers with the classic (for example) "Archer...Archer...Archer, YOU SUCK" like we do to the opposing goalie at Admirals games; even the voices sounded the same. I've never heard this at a Brewer game before...the only thing missing was the cowbells. Any Ads fans out there wanting to take credit? It was pretty cool to see the hockey community bringing it's sensibilities to Miller Park.

It wasn't me. The official Admirals STH Game at the Brewers is Tuesday September 18th versus the Reds. We usually sit along the LF Foul line.

It sounds like some of the people who used to sit in Section 204 at the Bradley Center. Half of them still sit in the SE corner at the UWM Panther Arena near Malibu Mike. The next time I see see Daniel, I will ask him about that Pirates game. He sits over there.

Welcome to the HF Boards!!

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Prospect Watch: September 2018
Skaters:
NameGPGAPIMTeamLeague
Vladislav Yeryomenko4020Calgary HitmenWHL
Pavel Koltygin4226Drummondville VoltigeursQMJHL
Jacob Paquette5002Kingston FrontenacsOHL
Hardy Häman-Aktell2004IF BjörklövenAllsvenskan
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Goalies:

NameGPGAASv%WSOTeamLeague
Milan Kloucek14.00.80000HC Dynamo PardubiceTipsport Extraliga
Konstantin Volkov42.02.943??Sokol KrasnoyarskVHL
Karel Vejmelka11.85.94400HC Kometa BrnoTipsport Extraliga
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: DrBoomMadGenius

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Apparently the Admirals & Wolves had preseason game on Friday that was closed to the public. Not much interesting other than the fact Colin Blackwell was listed on the game roster for the Admirals... a sign that he was expected to be sent down already?

TheAHL.com

Saturday's game was about the same result, although Tolvanen did play. Trenin looked more physical than last season and drew the ire of the Wolves after a boarding call landed a Wolves player into the bench boards.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

I saw Baptiste tonight at the STH get together. I wondered where he came from.

The Ads have their season opener on Saturday against the Stars

The home opener is Saturday October 13th. HC Karl Taylor came from the Stars, as did Greg Rollo, one of the ACs. Scott Ford is still on the staff.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I'm thinking this ought to be a pretty strong Ads team... I don't want to jinx anything, but it sounds like Blackwell and Grimaldi showed well in camp, and now Baptiste is another guy who is real good in the AHL. Them and Pettersson, Trenin, even Tolvanen (for however long), Gaudet and Brickley, Richard, Persson, Moy and Kirkland... depth up front seems pretty good... this should be a solid lineup, no?

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
I'm thinking this ought to be a pretty strong Ads team... I don't want to jinx anything, but it sounds like Blackwell and Grimaldi showed well in camp, and now Baptiste is another guy who is real good in the AHL. Them and Pettersson, Trenin, even Tolvanen (for however long), Gaudet and Brickley, Richard, Persson, Moy and Kirkland... depth up front seems pretty good... this should be a solid lineup, no?

I'm not a position guy so don't take this as anything more than something to fill, but like you say, the Admirals will have (3) solid scoring lines and even the 4th line is poised to perform. The below doesn't even include guys like Olivier or Gregoire, both of whom I expect to see playing time on the 4th line with the Ads. (This then leaves out Jeannot & Magwood going to the ECHL)

If his mood at the STH party is any indication, I expect Tolvanen back in Finland on October 28th, although I hope that's not the case.

(Edited on 10/3 to reflect Moy, Lane and Persson sent to ECHL)

LWCRW
BrickleyGrimaldiTolvanen
RichardBlackwellBaptiste
KirklandPettersonTrenin
GregoireGaudetOlivier
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
DD
CarrierTinordi
AllardDonovan
LyytinenPyrochta
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
G
Groesenick
Svoboda
McCollum
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
By stacking up the AHL in case he jets. That lineup above by @cjerina does not include (like he said) Magdwood, Jeannot or Olivier who all had pretty good camps and would be a shame to dump to ECHL.

Hopefully it means they plan on his stay being short because he will get called back to the Preds...

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I'm not a position guy so don't take this as anything more than something to fill, but like you say, the Admirals will have (3) solid scoring lines and even the 4th line is poised to perform. The below doesn't even include guys like Olivier or Gregoire, both of whom I expect to see playing time on the 4th line with the Ads. (This then leaves out Jeannot & Magwood going to the ECHL)

If his mood at the STH party is any indication, I expect Tolvanen back in Finland on October 28th, although I hope that's not the case.

(Edited on 10/3 to reflect Moy, Lane and Persson sent to ECHL)

LWCRW
BrickleyGrimaldiTolvanen
RichardBlackwellBaptiste
KirklandPettersonTrenin
GregoireGaudetOlivier
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
DD
CarrierTinordi
AllardDonovan
LyytinenPyrochta
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
G
Groesenick
Svoboda
McCollum
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

So Gaudreau is sitting in the stands in Nashville?

He is the 13th forward while what's his name plays???

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
looks like Tolvanen playing with Blackwell and Baptiste today.

I was hoping to see him play with Grimaldi, but I guess this makes sense since Blackwell and Baptiste played together in Rochester last season.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Tolvanen-Blackwell-Baptiste
Richard-Pettersson-Grimaldi
Trenin-Kirkland-Brickley
Gregoire-Gaudet-Olivier

Tinordi-Carrier
Donovan-Allard
Pyrochta-Lyytinen

Status
Not open for further replies.