Prospect Info: In the System Part VII (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
We'd be adding a 1st and either a lower roster player or another prospect in that deal. At some point, Fabbro has to be part of our future and honestly if Ellis is not going to give on his wanting a NMC, then move him for the right pieces, bring in Fabbro after his college season ends and move Hamhuis in to the top 4. We'd survive. Then the following season, ease Fabbro in to the top 4.
I agree. In general of course. That's the ideal scenario. If Forsberg is out for the season at the deadline, and Panarin is available but they want Fabbro and a 1st... well, who knows. Just one random example (I don't know what other quality players are going to be on the UFA rental market). But I really want to see the Preds make a Cup push this season, and as much as I agree with your general trajectory on Fabbro as the default plan, I could also see sidetracking on it if the need was acute enough. It's not actually GUARANTEED that he will ever play top-4 D in the NHL. He could still be Blum.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
It's not actually GUARANTEED that he will ever play top-4 D in the NHL. He could still be Blum.

He could spend a season looking pretty decent at the NHL level and still be Blum. :laugh: I mean, Blum looked pretty good for a stretch, then just fell off the face of the Earth.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
He could spend a season looking pretty decent at the NHL level and still be Blum. :laugh: I mean, Blum looked pretty good for a stretch, then just fell off the face of the Earth.
Yeah, in the meantime I think we just have to take Fabbro at face value. He's a good prospect... I think he has retained worth relative to his draft position so far... he hasn't really rocketed up the prospects rankings, but at the same time he hasn't dropped off... he seems to be good enough value for where he was picked. But it can be a long and winding road to NHL glory, as we've seen. He may live up to our hopes, he may not. And we can allocate his asset value relative to a Cup pursuit accordingly. I generally prefer to keep and cherish prospects and hope for the best, chart out how they ought to work into the lineup, try to stick with that, like in Glen's post above. But at the same time, Cup windows may be rare and worth some special consideration. Play it by ear, I would say. Hopefully our need never becomes so acute that we have to divert from the sensible default plan. But who really knows.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box

Blum played well enough for one night to not get traded. Who knows what might have happened in the playoffs. I think we were supposedly getting Sbisa for him.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Is there any Hornqvist to Magwood's game?

That's also encouraging to hear about Paquette. He's a little bit forgotten, or rather in my head one of the "throw ins" in a tier of defenders that are a bit of a stretch to see NHL time.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Mismash playing on the 4th line for Team USA against Sweden in an hour at tje World Jr Summer Showcase.

Game is shown on NHL Network in the US and TSN in Canada.

Farrance already sent home looks like.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Is there any Hornqvist to Magwood's game?

That's also encouraging to hear about Paquette. He's a little bit forgotten, or rather in my head one of the "throw ins" in a tier of defenders that are a bit of a stretch to see NHL time.

I think Magwood is a slightly different player than Magwood. Magwood's game is more built on changing pace, trying to play through traffic that way. Also projects as a better "two way" kind of guy. Someone like a Lee Stempniak may be a better comparison.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Article about dev camp attendee Jake Jaremko: https://www.flohockey.tv/articles/6235658-wcha-prospect-check-in-jake-jaremko-the-late-bloomer

During his two gap years between high school and college, Jaremko played for the USHL’s Chicago Steel under head coach Dan Muse. The Minnesota native’s scoring helped power the Steel to the 2017 USHL championship. When Jaremko moved up a rung to the NCAA in 2017-18, Muse jumped to the NHL as the Predators the assistant coach. Once their respective seasons were over, Muse reached out to his former sniper to introduce him to Nashville at their development camp this July. Muse was ubiquitous during camp week.

When it comes to evaluating suitors, there’s no substitute for first impressions. Based on Jake’s accounts after attending his first NHL development camp, Jaremko was clearly smitten. His initial response contained the word “awesome” and "cool” three times each, and a very direct “I love the city.”
Asked whether there was one episode in particular that seared his long-term memory, Jaremko did not hesitate: “Looking at Bridgestone Arena for the first time.”
And who can blame him? Bridgestone resembles hockey’s version of the Emerald City palace. Stepping into the mecca that hosted the 2017 Stanley Cup Finals only made his heart grow fonder.
“You see it on TV, you experience it, see the locker room, the weight room, the lounge, the rink, all of that, I thought it was really cool,” he said.

39 points in 40 games last year in the NCAA at age 22, seems like the Preds have a good shot at signing him.

Also he might be a package deal with Reggie Lutz:

Jaremko has a lifelong buddy that also shared that 2017 Clark Cup Championship in Chicago while playing for Muse—Reggie Lutz. He also played on Jaremko’s line in Mankato when they won the WCHA’s McNaughton Cup as regular season champs. Jaremko is a left-shooting center who has been passing to his trusted right wing Lutz for nearly two decades, not counting all the plays they’ve made in their respective dreams.
“I’ve been playing with him since I was about three years old,” Jaremko said. “We’re in Mankato, we work out together, skate together.”
Think of them as a Minneapolis metro version of the Sedin twins. Jaremko may not want to realize it, but he has an enormous negotiating hammer when he and his family decide it’s time to leave Mankato for the pro game. Insisting on a package deal that includes surrogate brother Lutz might make sense for all parties.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Article about dev camp attendee Jake Jaremko: https://www.flohockey.tv/articles/6235658-wcha-prospect-check-in-jake-jaremko-the-late-bloomer

39 points in 40 games last year in the NCAA at age 22, seems like the Preds have a good shot at signing him.

Also he might be a package deal with Reggie Lutz:

Elite Prospects has a pretty positive scouting report for him:

A nimble and advantageous two-way forward, Jacob Jaremko is a force to be reckoned with at both ends of the ice. He is a quick thinker, and his hands and feet are just as quick as his mind; effective in all situations and is proactive when it comes to taking advantage of and capitalizing on small mistakes and turnovers given up by opponents. All-in-all, an athletic two-way player with tremendous hockey sense and work ethic; his refined abilities will afford him the chance to become a game-changer wherever he plays.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Hockey News gave every team's 2018 draft a grade and we got a D. Tied for worst along with Penguins.

They did describe Stastney as "nasty" so that's nice at least.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Draft grades are kind of silly anyways as no one on this plant knows what is going to happen with anyone's picks until 4-5 years down the road.

SauceMyBiscuit

Aug 22, 2015
Atlanta, GA
For what it’s worth, Pronman catagorized Fabbro as a player who “has a chance to make the NHL” as his potential. I interpret that as a top 6 pairing potential lacking the top 4 skill set. Along with Petterson, Allard, Harper, Richard, Trenton, Mismash, and Pitlick. For forwards, I think he catagorizes these players as top 9 talent.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
For what it’s worth, Pronman catagorized Fabbro as a player who “has a chance to make the NHL” as his potential. I interpret that as a top 6 pairing potential lacking the top 4 skill set. Along with Petterson, Allard, Harper, Richard, Trenton, Mismash, and Pitlick. For forwards, I think he catagorizes these players as top 9 talent.

What Pronman means with the "has a chance"-thing refers more to his chances of becoming a really good player rather than his chances of making the NHL

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I haven't watched Fabbro play. I've only seen his highlights. My gut feeling from the analysis I've read by others and here is that he has not been as dominant as most were expecting in college. My expectations are tempered. If he can become a quality NHL D-man in any capacity on an ELC that's a win for us. That's my hope at this point. That he can provide quality play, even if it is from the third pairing, at a cheap price for three years.

SauceMyBiscuit

Aug 22, 2015
Atlanta, GA
What Pronman means with the "has a chance"-thing refers more to his chances of becoming a really good player rather than his chances of making the NHL

I hear you. It's like "Fabbro has a chance to become a difference-maker" since the next step down is "depth" with means that there's essentially no ceiling of anything but a bottom 6 role.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
With Tkachuk possibly leaving BU, I'm wondering if any of the Preds 3 BU players leave too; Fabbro, Farrance, Harper.

I asked myself who has CHL rights for each player. Then I asked if any of these teams are Memorial Cup contenders?

Fabbro: Seattle (WHL) [Made wild card in WHL playoffs]
Harper: BB Armada (Q) [1st in the Q, really good team, can he even make it?]
Farrance: (Guelph) [7th in the OHL western conference. BUT DESPERATELY NEEDS D]

As much as my bias would love to see Fabbro in the Dub to develop, I don't see it. BU stats:

Fabbro: 9G 20A 38 games
Harper: 8G 13A 20 games
Farrance: 3G 6A 31 games

Stats wise Fabbro is ready but I have not seen him enough to comment eye test wise. Harper is interesting as a pt per game player for his two years.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I don't think any of them would leave BU. Fabbro has a straight path to the NHL in March, Harper at his size can use the extra time in the gym, Farrance is still in a key development stage... they are in the place they want to be already. Big programs like that are always a revolving door anyway, they'll lose a Tkachuk and bring in a Wise, and so on and so on.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I don't think any of them would leave BU. Fabbro has a straight path to the NHL in March, Harper at his size can use the extra time in the gym, Farrance is still in a key development stage... they are in the place they want to be already. Big programs like that are always a revolving door anyway, they'll lose a Tkachuk and bring in a Wise, and so on and so on.

Not to mention D3 transfers.

BorisKarloff

Apr 26, 2014
Wisconsin
Kind of a strange question, but I'm not sure where else to ask it. I was at Miller Park this afternoon to see the Brewers play the Pittsburgh Pirates and to my surprise there was a group of fans somewhere in the outfield taunting opposing pitchers with the classic (for example) "Archer...Archer...Archer, YOU SUCK" like we do to the opposing goalie at Admirals games; even the voices sounded the same. I've never heard this at a Brewer game before...the only thing missing was the cowbells. Any Ads fans out there wanting to take credit? It was pretty cool to see the hockey community bringing it's sensibilities to Miller Park.

Reactions: adsfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad