Prospect Info: In the System Part VII (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Amerks guy here stopping by to say you're going to love Colin Blackwell. He was #1 on the list of players we were hoping to come back. I talked to Scott Nichol about him and wrote it up...

Keith! I haven't seen you post over here in ages. I always welcome your input on the latest Amerk player that Nashville signs!

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Ugh, Admirals open up their home schedule with Hershey again. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're actually playing them but I'd rather they play in the middle of the season to break up what is sure to be a ton of Chicago, Rockford, Grand Rapids and Iowa.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Admirals open the season against new head coach Karl Taylor's former team, Texas. The Admirals also have the longest home stand I can remember, 9 games from January 22nd to February 12th.

1/22 - San Antonio
1/25 - Iowa
1/26 - Manitoba
2/1 - Manitoba
2/2 - Rockford
2/6 - Texas
2/8 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton
2/9 - Chicago
2/12 - San Antonio

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Ads sign another veteran G in Thomas McCollum...

Does that mean Svoboda goes back for another season in Czech league now, or they just want 3 around just in case? :dunno:

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Not sure if this is the right spot for this, (I didn't try to dig up the Turris trade thread) but Kamenev did an interview with a Russian site and made some comments about the Preds and the Ads that people here might like to see:

Were you satisfied with your trade from Nashville?

VK: Sure. Avalanche’s playing more European hockey. I’m not going to say anything bad about the Predators, but style of game is more schematic. Yes, you should be ready for everything, but I didn’t like it.

But you still scored a lot of points playing for Milwaukee Admirals.

VK: Yes, the Predators farm team plays exactly the same style of hockey, but I allowed myself to play the way I like in my last year there. There is a funny story, that happened after my trade to Colorado. I tried to play the way they taught me in Nashville on one of my first practices with new my team. But then someone said to me that I need to be more creative. I was happy.

They said that you were slow in Nashville.

VK: That was two years ago. Last season they told me that I really improved. It was right before I was sent to the farm team.

Yakov Trenin is still in Milwaukee. How’s he doing?

VK: Not great, he’s not playing too much. I still think that the way Nashville plays hockey doesn’t fit Russian players. Peter Laviolette loves Swedes. But I don’t know what Trenin’s going to do.

Vladislav Kamenev speaks about preparing for the upcoming season with the Colorado Avalanche

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
It's interesting... if anything Kamenev and Trenin seem a little more like heavier north-south types of players than more stereotypical Russian style like he seems to talk about. :dunno:

Reactions: adsfan

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Hey, those of you on twitter tweet @TheAthleticWISC to hire Daniel Lavender as a Admirals/Hockey writer.

really hope he gets the job.

I wonder how long until Tennessee gets its own chapter in The Athletic, and more importantly, who would cover the Preds for them when they do.

Reactions: Viqsi

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
really hope he gets the job.

I wonder how long until Tennessee gets its own chapter in The Athletic, and more importantly, who would cover the Preds for them when they do.

Yeah, we don't really have the really well-respected guy that lots of other markets seem to have. I guess Vingan or Stanley would be first in line, although I might be forgetting someone.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
It's interesting... if anything Kamenev and Trenin seem a little more like heavier north-south types of players than more stereotypical Russian style like he seems to talk about. :dunno:

Having watched both of them play here in Milwaukee, I agree with you 100%. Trenin is slow. Kam has more speed. That is why he is in the NHL. I don't see Trenin playing in the NHL unless it is for a team like the Islanders. I described Trenin as the Russian Anti-Rocket because he is the opposite of Bure. He is slow and doesn't change direction well. He is strong in the neutral zone, but it fades as he gets closer to the goal.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Question: do you think Predator management would move Fabbro? If so what would they want in a deal?
If they moved him, I'm thinking it would only be to fill some terrible gaping wound opening up in the lineup in mid-season. Like we lose a really key player for the entire season and playoffs due a major injury, and our only possible way to fill that spot and keep this year's hopes for a Cup run alive is to include Fabbro in the deal to get that replacement player.

So it's not a situation where we can tell you today what it would take. :dunno:

Detelethisaccount

Jul 5, 2013
Question: do you think Predator management would move Fabbro? If so what would they want in a deal?

If they get Ellis locked up long term than you could possibly see Fabbro moved, but not before that happens. As for a return, a 1st/2nd line wing who can be a net-front presence and is also quick enough to stay with the rest of our forwards. They will also need to be on a very team friendly contract for the next 2-3 years as we have to resign several key players and cap space may be tight.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
If they get Ellis locked up long term than you could possibly see Fabbro moved, but not before that happens. As for a return, a 1st/2nd line wing who can be a net-front presence and is also quick enough to stay with the rest of our forwards. They will also need to be on a very team friendly contract for the next 2-3 years as we have to resign several key players and cap space may be tight.

I hear this song in my head when I read that description.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Yeah its a hefty ask, but why would you move Fabbro for less? That is the biggest need on the roster IMO, so if you are moving Fabbro it would be to fill that need.

Fabbro is not an unproven quantity. He will not get you a top 6 forward at this point. He might get one that is projected to be one but even that may be a stretch.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Fabbro is not an unproven quantity. He will not get you a top 6 forward at this point. He might get one that is projected to be one but even that may be a stretch.
Well he wouldn't get you a signed one for long-term purposes, anyway. But as a deadline rental from a rebuilding team, who knows.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Well he wouldn't get you a signed one for long-term purposes, anyway. But as a deadline rental from a rebuilding team, who knows.

We'd be adding a 1st and either a lower roster player or another prospect in that deal. At some point, Fabbro has to be part of our future and honestly if Ellis is not going to give on his wanting a NMC, then move him for the right pieces, bring in Fabbro after his college season ends and move Hamhuis in to the top 4. We'd survive. Then the following season, ease Fabbro in to the top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->