Prospect Info: In the System Part VII (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
For anyone that may know, do you think Fabbro will start the season with the Preds this coming year? When he does play, where do you think he will slot into? Any PP time even though Josi and Subban are there?

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
For anyone that may know, do you think Fabbro will start the season with the Preds this coming year? When he does play, where do you think he will slot into? Any PP time even though Josi and Subban are there?

Doubtful. The team already has 7 defenders signed (Josi, Subban, Ellis, Ekholm, Weber, Irwin, Bitetto). If he comes into camp and makes it obvious that he's ready and better than at least two of the bottom three guys, maybe, but he'd have to really wow the coaching staff IMO.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Fabbro's still just 20. He just turned 20 last week. I think in his situation, if he was going to go pro this year, most prominent college kids would probably have signed before the end of the last NHL season and at least tried to sneak in a game or be a Black Ace down the stretch. Like his teammate Jordan Greenway did with Minnesota.

I haven't heard anything specific about The Plan with Fabbro, but the default expectation for me therefore is that he's back to BU next season, and we see him go pro and do that Black Ace cameo next spring instead. Hopefully the Preds are on a nice loooong playoff run, and that'd be a pretty sweet situation for Fabbro to tag along on.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Wow
Totally missed that.
I thought that was Scot Nichol
He was but is the Admirals' GM now. Redden was "Assistant Director of Player Development" til this year when he became "Director" or "Head Director" (I've seen it written both ways) taking Scott's position.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
How are the Ads doing now in the wake of the flurry of signings...?

F - Gaudreau, Pettersson, Persson, Brickley, Grimaldi, Gaudet, Moy, Trenin, Richard, Kirkland, Jeannot, Olivier

D - Carrier, Allard, Pyrochta, Tinordi, Donovan, Lyytinen, Dougherty

G - Grosenick, Svoboda

Seems maybe a little light up front if the last two maybe aren't even going to make the AHL? Are there others besides Donovan and Oliver on AHL deals? Must be a few more warm bodies I'm missing...

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY

F - Gaudreau, Pettersson, Persson, Brickley, Grimaldi, Gaudet, Moy, Trenin, Richard, Kirkland, Jeannot, Olivier

G - Grosenick, Svoboda

Seems maybe a little light up front if the last two maybe aren't even going to make the AHL? Are there others besides Donovan and Oliver on AHL deals? Must be a few more warm bodies I'm missing...

I have the following: T/ Smith (UFA), Pettersson, Grimaldi, Kirkland, Moy, Richard, Bass (UFA), McNeill, Trenin, Gaudet, Persson, Bolig, Jeannot. Right, wrong?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Is Trenin going back to Russia or did I pull that out of... thin air
They would have had to terminate his contract and release him, which I haven't seen happen? He might WANT to go back, his first year in Milwaukee doesn't look like it was a lot of fun for him, but it doesn't look like the procedural steps have been taken...?

Detelethisaccount

Jul 5, 2013
They would have had to terminate his contract and release him, which I haven't seen happen? He might WANT to go back, his first year in Milwaukee doesn't look like it was a lot of fun for him, but it doesn't look like the procedural steps have been taken...?

Yeah I haven't seen anything other than the original report, which turned out to be accurate about just every other player that was mentioned in it. Never saw anything about him being released or bought out, or a signing with a KHL club. Since there hasn't been any news one way or the other and he was at prospect camp, I am assuming he and the Preds have worked through whatever issues he was having.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box

Ok cool I must have misremembered. Makes sense hes staying if he came to D camp

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017

G - Grosenick, Svoboda

Colin Blackwell and Zac Rinaldo added to the group up front may be enough to round things out?

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Colin Blackwell and Zac Rinaldo added to the group up front may be enough to round things out?

Jeremy Gregoire as well.

Should probably look into signing that Zach Magwood guy from dev camp. Could be something there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->