Prospect Info: In the System IX (Ads and Prospects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I some Admirals news!

Troy Grosenick told me that he is starting in goal on Friday against Rockford.

Most of the recent home games have featured Ingram in goal.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Ads won at home 7-4 in front of a large home crowd of 8351.

Rockford led off the scoring, but Milwaukee put in thee goals in period 1. They should have scored 4 or 5.

Gaudreau scored 2 goals and an assist to be the #1 star. Daniel Carr scored a goal and two assists to be the #2 star. Trenin had an assist to be the #3 star.

Rockford seemed to have it in for McCarron. The first time, Cramarossa started a fight and nearly got killed with him crashing into the back of the net and knocking it over. The second time he was back jumped by Entwistle, also behind the goal. Tomorrow night's game in Rockford could be very interesting.

On the flip side, Tanner Jeannot played like an man possessed. He had a penalty in every period and an assist in period 1. He came charging out of the penalty box, took a pass near the center line and made a bee line for the goal past a Rockford Dman. Collin Delia barely stopped the puck and gave up a rebound that Salomaki smacked into the net for the third goal by the Ads. I kept thinking that if Jeannot didn't get that penalty, Milwaukee doesn't get that goal to make it 3-1.

Milwaukee is 5-0-1 against Rockford this season. After the ASG, the Admirals will finish the season with 16 home games and 15 road games. The Ads will play Rockford 6 times in 10 games from January 10 to February 1. That is some really odd scheduling!

Ref Ratings: Michael Markovic, #47, wasn't very good in periods 1 and 2, but did well in period 3 to earn a 5. Lucas Martin, #1, was good in periods 1 and 2 and not so good in period 3 to earn a 5. It was strange juxtaposition.

Linesman Mike Daltrey, #27, was steady all game and gets a 7. Mike Anderson, #39, blew at least three calls in the first period. The worst was an icing call AFTER goalie Collin Delia handled the puck next to his net BEFORE the whistle. It may be one of the stupidest calls that I have ever seen. He gets a 3!

Edit: I forgot to add that 7 goals ties the season high for the Admirals.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoldOnGold

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Ads win at Rockford 5-2! Ingram was in net.

McCarron scored 2 goals.

Jeannot had 1 goal and a fight.

Tolvanen and Carr also scored goals.

The Admirals are off for 6 days.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

I guess Tolvanen (11 G) is a bust too because he has scored 4 goals in his last 5 games. Last night he scored the 5th goal of the SEVEN by Milwaukee.

Frederick Gaudreau (10 G) and Cole Schneider (12 G) both scored two goals and two assists last night at third place Chicago in a 7-3 win.

Tonight, Milwaukee plays at Rockford. Ingram will probably be in goal as Grosenick played last night.

Garret Sparks made 13 saves on 19 shots for .684 Save % for the Wolves at one point, and finished with 25 saves on 32 shots for .781%.

Milwaukee is 8-2 in their last ten games and have 70 points.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoldOnGold

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Tolvanen (12) opened the onslaught against Rockford tonight with another goal at 91 seconds. Pitlick scored at 4:24 and Carr at 8:19. Rockford put in a rebound at 9:56. It is 3-1 after 10 minutes of period 1.

Reactions: Preds Partisan

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Tolvanen tied for 5th in goal scoring, all but one were called up to Nashville.... Trenin, Carr, Pitlick is a rookie, Richard. What if a Wing is traded and he is called up?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
This is great to see Tolvanen heating up. It'll be nice for him to top his 15 goals from last year, at least... that didn't seem likely not too long ago. :handclap:

As for calling him up... I'm torn. Assuming we trade Granlund and Smith at the deadline, somebody has to come up and replace them. Tolvanen and Trenin seem like good choices to me, as players who probably embody our main future hopes. But then it sounds like maybe Milwaukee is a better/more fun place to play? Maybe they are better off development wise rolling down the tracks with a championship push with the Admirals? At the very least anyway you have to get them onto the playoff clear-day roster for the AHL.

Milwaukee PP went 4/6 last night and is first in the AHL at 28.6%? PK is only like 5th in the league? Maybe players aren't the only callups we should be looking at...

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Eeli Tolvanen (PP) scored the sixth goal for Milwaukee and his 13th of the season and sixth in his last 6 games. Cole Schneider had his 13th goal.

Davies just scored the 7th Milwaukee goal (PP), which is the 4th time they have hit their season high! It is now 7-1 with 14 minutes remaining.

The Ads are just out there wrecking other teams. And good for Tolvanen, hope he continues to heat up.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Ads are just out there wrecking other teams. And good for Tolvanen, hope he continues to heat up.

I have to wonder how many times the Admirals can score 7 goals in a game. So far, it is FOUR times, three in recent days.

Tolvanen has been doing his share of lighting the red lamps.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Curious, what do you see the future of Ingram being in the system? Do you think he'll challenge Saros at some point for a role with the big club?
Who knows. At this point the most you can say is that he has "earned a look". Past that, we don't know. He was not highly regarded as a goalie prospect... he wouldn't have been traded for a 7th round pick if he was. There are lots of goalies who put up good numbers in the AHL. Some are top-notch NHL prospects. Some are journeymen who will never stick in the NHL. He's on a really good team. It all adds up to "who knows". But he should get a start at some point so that we can start finding out.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Who knows. At this point the most you can say is that he has "earned a look". Past that, we don't know. He was not highly regarded as a goalie prospect... he wouldn't have been traded for a 7th round pick if he was. There are lots of goalies who put up good numbers in the AHL. Some are top-notch NHL prospects. Some are journeymen who will never stick in the NHL. He's on a really good team. It all adds up to "who knows". But he should get a start at some point so that we can start finding out.

7th round pick I think was related to something 'off ice' that was rumored but never confirmed. Everyone was scratching theirs heads on that trade when it happened and it hasn't changed any.

Milwaukee's success, Tomasino, Afanasyev, Farrance, and even Kondelik have been the most enjoyable part of this preds season for me so far.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
It's good to see Tolvanen heating up a bit. I hope he pans out, but I also can't help but wonder if we should have seen this coming. Someone that watches him often please feel free to correct me. It seems as if he might be too small, too weak, an average to below average skater. If you possess these attributes then to be successful at the NHL level you have to be ELITE in some part of your offensive game. I'm not sure Eeli is elite at anything. Perhaps we were so awestruck by his 19 yo KHL performance we missed the obvious red flags right in plain view.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

He was drafted in the 3rd Round, #88 overall in 2016 by TBL. He was 34-18 in 57 AHL appearances before he got to Milwaukee.

This year, he was an AHL All Star with a 16-4-4 record in 25 appearances with a 2.00 GAA and .930 Sav%.

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
He was drafted in the 3rd Round, #88 overall in 2016 by TBL. He was 34-18 in 57 AHL appearances before he got to Milwaukee.

This year, he was an AHL All Star with a 16-4-4 record in 25 appearances with a 2.00 GAA and .930 Sav%.
Perhaps I should have said: he was not highly regarded as a prospect AT THE TIME HE WAS TRADED TO US. Else, he would have fetched more than a 7th round pick, obviously. I'm aware of his junior and AHL accomplishments. And yet, despite that, the hockey community was not interested.

Hopefully he continues to prove them all wrong.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Perhaps I should have said: he was not highly regarded as a prospect AT THE TIME HE WAS TRADED TO US. Else, he would have fetched more than a 7th round pick, obviously. I'm aware of his junior and AHL accomplishments. And yet, despite that, the hockey community was not interested.

Hopefully he continues to prove them all wrong.
His behavior was the reason the Lightning moved him. Perhaps it has changed but there has never been a question of his potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad