Prospect Info: In the System IX (Ads and Prospects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Yeah, that makes sense. I guess I just don't understand why he's never really gotten a chance. This is feeling like Carrier all over again. Unless we get insane injuries we will never see the guy?

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Yeah, that makes sense. I guess I just don't understand why he's never really gotten a chance. This is feeling like Carrier all over again. Unless we get insane injuries we will never see the guy?
Well, hes definitely behind Josi, Ekholm, Fabbro, Carrier, Myers and Harpur on the depth chart. Whether he can beat out Davies for the 7th spot I suppose remains to be seen.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Well, hes definitely behind Josi, Ekholm, Fabbro, Carrier, Myers and Harpur on the depth chart. Whether he can beat out Davies for the 7th spot I suppose remains to be seen.
I would have Davies already behind Allard and Farrance. Although they may now see Tennyson as #9.
9. Farrance
10. Allard
11. Davies

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Probably don't need to get too far into the weeds of the hierarchy of the 9-14 Dmen. They all will have a chance this season in Milwaukee to make the case for themselves. Of Allard proves he's ready for a look in the NHL he'll get a chance.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Allard and Davies are both 1 year younger than Carrier, I believe. This is a make or break year for both of them.
Not really setting Allard up for success. Allard has to deal with Myers, Carrier, Fabbro, benning for a RHD spot. Davies has a shot since 3 LHD isn’t great

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

Fred was Carrier's partner for 2 seasons in Milwaukee. He is a stay-at-home Dman, not the flashy scorer like Carrier.

I am sure that counts against him in Nashville's system of having the D score a high percentage of points relative to other NHL teams who seem to believe that the forwards should do most of the scoring.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Fred was Carrier's partner for 2 seasons in Milwaukee. He is a stay-at-home Dman, not the flashy scorer like Carrier.

I am sure that counts against him in Nashville's system of having the D score a high percentage of points relative to other NHL teams who seem to believe that the forwards should do most of the scoring.
That system is changing or maybe "has changed" is more accurate. It's one of the reasons it was time for Ellis to go, he wasn't getting the point that the coach didn't want him to be hanging around down low in the offensive zone all the time.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Poile recently called Chistyakov one of our best young defensive prospects. I think that's accurate, but he seems to get overlooked. Maybe it's a proximity thing, but good to see him showing up.
Part of being overlooked might be with his size as well. He's listed as 5'10" 163 lbs. Ellis was 5'9" 173 lbs when drafted. He's basically a Ryan Ellis without the offense. He's more physical though and competes very hard. I think he'll be a good pairing with a guy like Carrier who is more offensively inclined.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Part of being overlooked might be with his size as well. He's listed as 5'10" 163 lbs. Ellis was 5'9" 173 lbs when drafted. He's basically a Ryan Ellis without the offense. He's more physical though and competes very hard. I think he'll be a good pairing with a guy like Carrier who is more offensively inclined.

Was thinking about the same thing. The way he skates and tries to stand up to forwards at the blueline reminds me so much of Ellis. In that game, he was on the 1st PP unit, so maybe there's something there offensively as well.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
E8DU74SWQAUTu1B

23 team playoff, damn

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I already hate when people say the regular season is meaningless, but going to a 23 team playoff team probably makes that statement true.
I do like it for a "development league", however. Sure, the NHL is a different beast. But at all lower levels, frankly, the more icetime players can get, the better. Most especially if you are paying, but even if it's minor-pro --- just let the players play some playoff games, that's what is in everybody's ultimate best interests.

Reactions: Scoresberg

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I already hate when people say the regular season is meaningless, but going to a 23 team playoff team probably makes that statement true.

A whopping 74% of teams qualify for the playoffs.

It is time to cut the Pacific teams loose! They are an anchor around the neck of the league.

Can they recover from playing 40 games last season?

How will they make it to 68 games? Oh, the humanity!

Take 4 teams from every division (52%) for the playoffs and change the Pacific's name to the Loser Division.

Maybe Colorado moves to the Central so that both divisions have 8 teams?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I find myself tempted to try to bring over here an offseason tradition we have at HFCBJ of doing daily prospect ranking polls to figure out a consensus top-20. The idea is that you poll on five at a time, one poll per day starting at #1 and counting downward, and then in replies pick a new prospect to add to the next poll from a list of eligibles.

First thread for it at HFCBJ this year is here (with some clarifications as to how this works).

Any interest?

(This driven by the fact that I abruptly discovered that I had completely overlooked Parssinen's monster season, and deciding I needed an excuse to educate myself further. ;) )

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I find myself tempted to try to bring over here an offseason tradition we have at HFCBJ of doing daily prospect ranking polls to figure out a consensus top-20. The idea is that you poll on five at a time, one poll per day starting at #1 and counting downward, and then in replies pick a new prospect to add to the next poll from a list of eligibles.

First thread for it at HFCBJ this year is here (with some clarifications as to how this works).

Any interest?

(This driven by the fact that I abruptly discovered that I had completely overlooked Parssinen's monster season, and deciding I needed an excuse to educate myself further. ;) )
Sure! Interest, check!

The nice thing is... we can actually fill out a prospect ranking list now. For a few years there it was, uh, #7... uh, #8... :dunno:... uh? :dunno:

Now we can legitimately stock a deeper list! :handclap:

Reactions: Viqsi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad