Prospect Info: In the System IX (Ads and Prospects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Who is it we have in college that's really good and everyone fretted when he chose to stay for their senior season? Farrance? Wonder what that does to his thought process if BU doesnt end up playing.
If we offer him a contract the minute that news comes down, it should basically guarantee he doesn't go anywhere else, right? Why would he choose to sit out the remainder of the year and wait to become a free agent in the summer instead? :dunno:

Reactions: PredsV82

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
The Top 100 NCAA Players to Watch in 2020-21

SI's list of Top 100 NCAA players has 6 Preds prospects:

27. David Farrance, D, Boston U.: The senior defenseman had a monster 43 points in 34 games last season. Let's see what the Nashville Predators pick does for an encore.

49. Ethan Haider, G, Clarkson: Promising goalie with great size begins his college career after busy USHL season. Haider is a Nashville Predators prospect.

60. Marc Del Gaizo, D, UMass: The Nashville Predators prospect was hit by injuries in his sophomore year, but Del Gaizo has already proven he can bring the 'O' from the back end.

75. Jachym Kondelik, C, UConn: Massive pivot has been a consistent producer and playmaker for the Huskies through two seasons. He's a Nashville Predators pick.

77. Spencer Stastney, D, Notre Dame: Physical two-way defenseman had a huge leap in production as a sophomore. Can the Nashville Predators pick continue to ascend as a junior?

80. Tomas Vomacka, G, UConn: Talented netminder with great size played nearly every game for the Huskies last season. He's a Nashville Predators prospect.

Reactions: Scoresberg

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
The Top 100 NCAA Players to Watch in 2020-21

SI's list of Top 100 NCAA players has 6 Preds prospects:

27. David Farrance, D, Boston U.: The senior defenseman had a monster 43 points in 34 games last season. Let's see what the Nashville Predators pick does for an encore.

49. Ethan Haider, G, Clarkson: Promising goalie with great size begins his college career after busy USHL season. Haider is a Nashville Predators prospect.

60. Marc Del Gaizo, D, UMass: The Nashville Predators prospect was hit by injuries in his sophomore year, but Del Gaizo has already proven he can bring the 'O' from the back end.

75. Jachym Kondelik, C, UConn: Massive pivot has been a consistent producer and playmaker for the Huskies through two seasons. He's a Nashville Predators pick.

77. Spencer Stastney, D, Notre Dame: Physical two-way defenseman had a huge leap in production as a sophomore. Can the Nashville Predators pick continue to ascend as a junior?

80. Tomas Vomacka, G, UConn: Talented netminder with great size played nearly every game for the Huskies last season. He's a Nashville Predators prospect.
I like that any of the others were even mentioned at all. But #27 seems a little low for Farrance based on what he did last year. Although who knows really what "to watch" means from a subjective perspective.
:dunno:

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
The EliteProspects Rinkside 2020-21 Off-Season Prospect Pool...

Couldn't see the whole list now for some reason but I saw it a few days back and it looked something like this:

1. Askarov
2. Ingram
3. Tomasino
4. Davies
5. Farrance
6. Pärssinen
7. Tolvanen
8. Afanasyev
9. Trenin
10. Evangelista
11-15. Guys like Pitlick, Allard, Campbell, Kondelyk

Found this piece quite interesting. Tolvanen's pretty low, and unfortunately, that's how I view him as well at this point. Afanasyev's too low for me also. I've really liked what I've seen from Pärssinen so far but he's a bit too high for me.

Reactions: GoldOnGold

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017

Couldn't see the whole list now for some reason but I saw it a few days back and it looked something like this:

1. Askarov
2. Ingram
3. Tomasino
4. Davies
5. Farrance
6. Pärssinen
7. Tolvanen
8. Afanasyev
9. Trenin
10. Evangelista

Found this piece quite interesting. Tolvanen's pretty low, and unfortunately, that's how I view him as well at this point. Afanasyev's too low for me also. I've really liked what I've seen from Pärssinen so far but he's a bit too high for me.
I would go something like:
1. Askarov / Tomasino
2. Tomasino / Askarov
3. Trenin / Afanaseyev
4. Afanaseyev / Trenin
5. Farrance
6. Ingram
7. Tolvanen
8-10. Carrier/Davies/Pitlick/Allard

(If we don't assume Trenin is on the team already, I guess we can't assume Carrier is either... but to me they both are).

Reactions: Scoresberg

Magnificent66

Sep 9, 2013
Why would you have Tolvs that low? He's coming along nicely & 21 years old. Going to start the year in the top 6 with Duchene with that elite shot of his.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee

1. Askarov
2. Ingram
3. Tomasino
4. Davies
5. Farrance
6. Pärssinen
7. Tolvanen
8. Afanasyev
9. Trenin
10. Evangelista

Trenin is weirdly low.

Reactions: adsfan

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

1. Askarov
2. Ingram
3. Tomasino
4. Davies
5. Farrance
6. Pärssinen
7. Tolvanen
8. Afanasyev
9. Trenin
10. Evangelista

For the players that I have seen in person, this list is hokey (noticeably contrived)!

A) Trenin (4) should be higher than Tolvanen (9). He can do more different things on the ice than Eeli.

B) Ingram (2) was one of the top 2 or 3 goalies in the AHL, so he should be up high. They got that correct!

C) Davies (13) is a fine Dman in the AHL. He will stay in the AHL unless he improves or the Preds dump Carrier and Allard (7B). There is no way that he is ahead of Trenin. He shouldn't be ahead of Tolvanen either.

D) Rem Pitlick (7A) had 20 G and 16 A in 63 AHL games. That was his first season in the AHL. (Trenin had 14 G and 19 A in his first full season in Milwaukee of 74 games. Yakov is scoring at double that rate now. Trenin does have size on him, scoring and NHL experience on him, so Yakov should be higher.)

Pitlick outweighs Eeli by 20 pounds and matched his AHL scoring last season. He should be on the same level or higher than Eeli, especially without the benefit of the KHL or NHL. He is also 2 years younger than Tolvanen.

Notice that I was able to re-arrange the Milwaukee players into the "correct" order without changing the players that I have not seen. Askarov must be the second coming of Ken Dryden!

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I would go something like:
1. Askarov / Tomasino
2. Tomasino / Askarov
3. Trenin / Afanaseyev
4. Afanaseyev / Trenin
5. Farrance
6. Ingram
7. Tolvanen
8-10. Carrier/Davies/Pitlick/Allard

(If we don't assume Trenin is on the team already, I guess we can't assume Carrier is either... but to me they both are).

Porter, you are putting Eeli one place behind an AHL All Star goalie. Either Eeli is too high or Ingram is too low.

Davies would be on the bottom of his group of four in my book. Pitlick is even with or better than Tolvanen.

Please see my previous post as to why.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
For the players that I have seen in person, this list is hokey (noticeably contrived)!

A) Trenin (4) should be higher than Tolvanen (9). He can do more different things on the ice than Eeli.

B) Ingram (2) was one of the top 2 or 3 goalies in the AHL, so he should be up high. They got that correct!

C) Davies (13) is a fine Dman in the AHL. He will stay in the AHL unless he improves or the Preds dump Carrier and Allard (7B). There is no way that he is ahead of Trenin. He shouldn't be ahead of Tolvanen either.

D) Rem Pitlick (7A) had 20 G and 16 A in 63 AHL games. That was his first season in the AHL. (Trenin had 14 G and 19 A in his first full season in Milwaukee of 74 games. Yakov is scoring at double that rate now. Trenin does have size on him, scoring and NHL experience on him, so Yakov should be higher.)

Pitlick outweighs Eeli by 20 pounds and matched his AHL scoring last season. He should be on the same level or higher than Eeli, especially without the benefit of the KHL or NHL. He is also 2 years younger than Tolvanen.

Notice that I was able to re-arrange the Milwaukee players into the "correct" order without changing the players that I have not seen. Askarov must be the second coming of Ken Dryden!

Pitlick is 23 versus 21 for Tolvanen. I think Pitlick could very well end up playing more NHL games than Tolvanen since he has a skill set better suited for the bottom six, whereas I’m not sure Tolvanen sticks in the league I f he can’t cut it as a top six player. Tolvanen still has the much higher ceiling in my mind though which makes him a more valuable prospect.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Porter, you are putting Eeli one place behind an AHL All Star goalie. Either Eeli is too high or Ingram is too low.

Davies would be on the bottom of his group of four in my book. Pitlick is even with or better than Tolvanen.

Please see my previous post as to why.
Well, I am consistently not high on Ingram, I hope. Being an AHL All Star goalie isn't a selling point in and of itself for me. I don't know if I even watched him how well I'd be able to project his NHL potential, given he was on a good team and all. So I mostly go just on his general "prospect pedigree", which has been good, but not the kind of level where people seem to be placing him just based on his AHL statistics. So all that being said, I would expect any grains of salt to be taken accordingly. I don't say my list has any validity. It's just a list for fun, from the skewed vantage point of my particular armchair.

I only separated the D on some whim of "potential/upside" really. Carrier and Allard are obviously the most ready. Maybe Davies or even Farrance will never be as good as they already are. But I'm an optimist on them, I guess, while reserving the right to be more of a pessimist on Ingram and Tolvanen.

But it's all just make belief on my side, so I'm glad for any disagreements and definitely for the perspective from Milwaukee.
:GWC:

Reactions: adsfan

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I still like Allard the most from the defensemen group.

I like Tomasino, Trenin, and Pitlick over Tolvanen.

I don't know if Ingram is great or not, I don't watch the AHL enough, I'm not a fan of most goalies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I still like Allard the most from the defensemen group.

I like Tomasino, Trenin, and Pitlick over Tolvanen.

I don't know if Ingram is great or not, I don't watch the AHL enough, I'm not a fan of most goalies.
I think the only thing at this point that arguably lets Tolvanen ahead of Pitlick is that Tolvanen does have those incredible post-draft exploits. So at some point in the past, Tolvanen did something amazing on the level of much more highly rated prospects. Granted, you wouldn't know it to look at him today. But that he did do it, and is still 2 years younger than Pitlick, so that allows me to still keep Tolvanen ahead. For now.

And Ingram... who knows. I don't think Tampa would have struggled to find somebody to take him for a 7th if pro talent evaluators thought he was that great a prospect. Maybe that's unfair and he has somehow come a long way since then. I like that he's getting a chance in Sweden now. I equally can't say anything about how his team is playing or how he's looking there either. He's doing well, but stats are lagging behind where journeyman minor leaguer Kevin Poulin was at. It's early though and who knows what else is going on with that team. But it's still Tier 2 in Sweden, so he better crush that league at 23 if he wants to impress me as an armchair stats watcher.
:GWC:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Ingram is going to get another year in the AHL anyways, well assuming there is one. Have we actually heard if there is going to be an AHL season or not?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Ingram is going to get another year in the AHL anyways, well assuming there is one. Have we actually heard if there is going to be an AHL season or not?
They say so, but you never really know until it happens, basically. There are too many unknowns in the equation at this point.

Hopefully Ingram plays somewhere anyway. Or if the NHL goes but the AHL doesn't, and they expand rosters to 26, then I would assume a 3rd goalie is going to be carried by basically every team as part of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad