GDT: "In The Running" • FLAT CAP FRENZY • Oct.9.2020 • 10 AM • SN / TSN

Which of these free agents do you want the Oilers to sign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
LOL, even worse.
SXLsr0G.png

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
So it’s between us and Vancouver for Barrie?

Are we connected to any other names?
We were connected to Greiss, it was supposed to be down to us and NJ, but then word came out he was too expensive for us, with the assumption NJ was going to sign him, but since then they ended up signing Crawford. Not sure where things stand now or if Greiss's ask has come down at all.

Reactions: AddyTheWrath

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Russell for Rielly.
It makes no sense. We need at least 4 guys that can move the puck for depth We have Chabot, Brannstom (plays both sides), Wolanin, and Reilly. Russell can't replace any of them. Maybe 8 years ago he could have but that Russel was 800000 blocked shots ago.

The only player that makes sense to Ottawa right now would be Ennis (who we traded to you), or guys that you would never part with. There really isn't a trade to be made between the clubs unless you guys really want Nilsson to sit on LTIR and hope he comes back from concussions

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I’m still not sure how this even makes sense. NMC covers everything.
The specific language of the contract matters. It might be an NMC on capfriendly, but teh wording of it but just be a prohibition against being sent to the AHL or otherwise loaned out. A modified NTC + NMC probably makes him give you a list of X teams he can be traded to AND prevents you from putting him on waivers to circumvent it.

Clever agent or dumb GM.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
If we keep our powder dry, with all the money coming off the books next offseason, is there any chance we can make a run at Hamilton in 2021?

I guess it depends on where Bouchard is at then.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
He has an NMC all 4 years. Modified NTC in years 3&4. Real screwjob by Chia.

The NMC prevents him from being put on waivers. That's about the only purpose I can see with it being in conjunction with a limited team NTC.

Edit: You posted pretty much what I did while I was typing this out lol.

Reactions: AddyTheWrath

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Reading tea leaves though, I do think Sami Vatanen being an Oiler is becoming a heavy possibility if we lose on Barrie.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
The specific language of the contract matters. It might be an NMC on capfriendly, but teh wording of it but just be a prohibition against being sent to the AHL or otherwise loaned out. A modified NTC + NMC probably makes him give you a list of X teams he can be traded to AND prevents you from putting him on waivers to circumvent it.

Clever agent or dumb GM

A little from column A and a little from column B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->