In Retrospect...

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Funny how this worked out...

Maybe it’s me and the people I regularly speak with, but I always get the feeling that everyone see’s Jonathan Quick as a placeholder for Jonathan Bernier. I don’t have any “insider info†here, but most people I speak with agree the Kings goaltending future is Bernier and that Quick will (at some point) be traded, whenever it’s most convenient for Los Angeles. If that’s at all accurate, it’s a raw deal for a kid who came in and won 39 games for the Kings last season and (somewhat controversially) beat out Craig Anderson for the third back-up goalie spot on the 2010 US Men’s Olympic Hockey team.

For those who are wondering, Quick currently sports an 8-1 record this season with a 1.64 GAA and save percentage of .942. Does anyone else feel like Quick is getting a raw deal?

I misplaced an article I had that was written by Pierre McGuire where he was talking about up and coming goalies and when the conversation landed on the Kings he said something to the effect of: "Bernier is the future of LA. I don't see Quick lasting the season, even as a backup. He just doesn't have the talent to be a starter in the NHL."

:laugh:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
It's pretty funny to think many of these talking heads had predicted Bernier would at some point take the starting job from Quick during last years playoffs.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
How long until he writes/tells us about Chris Gibson being our starter in 4 years?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad