In retrospect: who won the 2003, 2004 and 2005 drafts?

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

14 D Brent Seabrook - top dman already... amazing pick
52 G Corey Crawford - seen as a future goaltender for the hawks
59 D Michal Barinka - was part of the Havlat deal, can't complain
151 D Lasse Kukkonen - has alot of upside just struggles to put it al together, didn't get enough for him in trade but this year will be his breakout year i think
156 L Alexei Ivanov - bust
181 C Johan Andersson - bust in my mind
211 G Mike Brodeur - good depth goalie, life time ahl'er
245 D Dustin Byfuglien - IS A BEAST of a player... Amazing skjater for his size, when he wants to hit he hurts people and a booming shot. Is lost in a numbers game in Chicago but will definitly be a bottom pairing or one of the first call ups this year. Had a great AHL year last year.
275 D Michael Grenzy - been toilling around in the ECAC
282 F Chris Porter - good depth player probably AHL'er at best

3 D Cam Barker - Had alot of injury problems but if he stays healthy he'll be a top four guy in Chicago for years to come
32 C David Bolland - Struggled at first but had a great finish to his first pro season, also had some freak injuries this past season including blocking a shot with his teeth... plays a complete game, definitly still a great pick. is part of the Killer B's who will see top lin AHL minutes and a few call ups this next NHL season
41 L Bryan Bickell - Big and Skilled, is part of the Killer B's who will see top lin AHL minutes and a few call ups this next NHL season
45 C Ryan Garlock - unsigned
54 C Jakub Sindel - Jury's still out on Sindel some are very high on him some arn't who knows...
68 L Adam Berti - Bickell and Berti are almost twins on the ice at times... another big body who's got some skill is part of the Killer B's who will see top lin AHL minutes and a few call ups this next NHL season
120 D Mitch Maunu - Chicago chose not to sign him at the deadline only to sign him to an AHL contract then sent to ECHL then back to Saginaw of the OHL. Is a defensive dman who'll stick up for teammates
123 L Karel Hromas - Was just meh in the WHL then signed in Czech
131 R Trevor Kell - Went unsigned
140 C Jake Dowell - Played well in the AHL after college season was done alot of people expect him to be in the running with the Killer B's
165 L Scott McCulloch - I believe returning to Colorado College next season
196 C Petri Kontiola - A great pick, could potentially be in the top six this season for the Hawks but most likely 4th line PP minutes type of guy. Was ont he top line for Finland with Ruutu at the World Championships and had 47pts in 51 games in finlad last year
214 R Troy Brouwer - Another good pick is part of the Killer B's who will see top lin AHL minutes and a few call ups this next NHL season... I really like this pick then and I still really like it. Along with a bunch of Hawks prospects might get lost int he numbers game but definitly has put it together... I slot him into the fourth line in Chicago this season... was top OA in WHL his last season of junior and has 79 points in 66 AHL games last year as a rookie
223 L Jared Walker - Unsigned
229 C Eric Hunter - Re-entered the draft and the Rangers took him
256 R Matthew Ford - Another over six foot over 200 pound prospect... AHL grinder
260 R Marko Anttila - I'll be honest, dont know too much on Marko

7 R Jack Skille - Is expected to be on the main club this season, is a good complete player
43 R Michael Blunden - Stop some injuries and he's another big two way guy with alot of skill
54 R Dan Bertram - Has played well at Boston College another great two way grinder forward who can chip in
68 C Evan Brophey - I'm not so high on Brophey as some are on these boards but he is definitly value, he seems sometimes lazy to me but playing in Plymouth last year sure sparked him at times, I hope he brings that to camp.
108 D Niklas Hjalmarsson - Just know from what I've read on here... good pick at 108 but could be bang/bust material
113 C Nathan Davis - Great pick, could see alot of minutes in the AHL
117 R Denis Istomin -
134 D Brennan Turner -
167 G Joe Fallon -
188 D Joe Charlebois -
202 R David Kuchejda - bust
203 C Adam Hobson -

It's pretty clear the Hawks have alot of the same prospects which will hurt some as they get lost int he numbers... They have a pud load of good AHL talent as Rockford will be damn good this season with alot of those players seeing callups to the main club... it'll be another carousel season for these guys... I love the Hawks drafting as of late... oh ya...

2006 - Jonathan Toews
2007 - Pat Kane
lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad