Are they in or out at the ASB?

• No, and it's not close. Time to start Draft Watch 2019

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
NYI have 9 games left until the All Star Break, currently holding onto the 2nd WC spot with games in hand on everyone around them

ASBstand.png

Here is their remaining schedule:

ASBSced.png

A tough one tonight against Tampa, the second of a back to back, then another back to back home/away against NJD and Washington. Only two road games though, half and half Barclays/NVMC with the home games.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Buffalo has only 3 games left before the ASB, all away on the west coast vs Edmonton/Calgary/Vancouver. No back to backs

Montreal
montreal.png

Two back to backs for Montreal including two against teams the Islanders are chasing.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Another thing to note, by the ASB the Islanders will have made up their games in hand on Pittsburgh who plays three away games against San Jose then back to back against Arizona and Vegas.

NittanyIsle

Feb 16, 2013
Should be in a WC spot. That schedule, while congested, is manageable. Other teams around us are playing each other, so should see others dropping points regardless.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
What worries me about this stretch is there are no gimme games other than maybe NJD. StLouis and Chicago have been playing better of late.... Tamoa and Washington are two of the best teams in the entire league. It won't be easy

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Kicking the can down the road from the last poll. Cool.

I think by the ASB we’re just on the outside looking in. Special teams and brain dead puck management is doing us in right now. Our wounds are self-inflicted and I don’t know if we figure out how to score one man up. It doesn’t matter who we’re playing if we keep shooting ourselves in the foot.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY

I think by the ASB we’re just on the outside looking in. Special teams and brain dead puck management is doing us in right now. Our wounds are self-inflicted and I don’t know if we figure out how to score one man up. It doesn’t matter who we’re playing if we keep shooting ourselves in the foot.

If they're still close, I'm going to do one more leading up to the trade deadline.

Reactions: MJF

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
It's going to be musical chairs for 4 teams for the last 3 chairs. NYI, BOS, MTL and BUF.

NYI has the most games remaining and the most home games left (most of those in Nassau where they play very well).

I like their chances.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Man, if they take the next two - 64 points in 49 games 30-15-4!

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Barring a significant injury, we are gonna be playing past mid April. This team is too well coached to have a major losing stretch and if get a player who can help on the PP, we could be looking forward to a significant run.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
With both Columbus and Pittsburgh losing, the Isles stay in Metro top-2 until after the ASB.

Reactions: MJF

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Did anyone see that moronic scheduling out of the break? Isles play Tampa off an 8 day break but of course Tampa plays two days prior so I expect serious rust issues in that game. Add in the lunacy of what happens to the Kings the next day. They play the Isles after not having played in 9 days AND traveling to the east coast. If it weren’t for the Isles being on a back to back I would say that’s about the most lock it up win on paper you can get

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
1st place in the division, 2nd best record in the conference. 9 points clear of a playoff spot. Best GA in the entire league. Averaging 2.48 GA as opposed to 3.60 last year.

This team is going to have home ice advantage in the first round of the playoffs for the 1st time in 31 years.

Barry Trotz is a lock for coach of the year.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

Happy to say I was wrong. We are very much IN.:nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad