In one sentence, what's wrong with this team?

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
This ain't on dad

all he is trying to do is make them eat their vegetables (aka 200 ft hockey, finish checks , all the non sexy hard parts of the game)

and our spoiled little brats are dragging their ar$es to the dinner table.
it would appear that what your suggesting is sadly the case.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
What's wrong with this team? Nothing but the record. And after the other 67 games are played, it will be overwhelmingly obvious that it wasn't actually a problem 15 games in.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Bad backup goaltending and too many new faces requiring time to gel.

I’m not saying Hutch is a solid backup, but when was the last time the Leafs played the way the Flyers did last night after having played the night before?

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
ppl who complain about goaltending are clearly not watching the game and just looking at stats

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
ppl who complain about goaltending are clearly not watching the game and just looking at stats

So when I saw Freddy have shots go right through him and some nights he couldnt stop a beach ball in October, I didnt know what I was watching?

When all his stats have gone south this calendar year due to injuries and his usual October blues, its all an illusion and hes actually been excellent? He's come out and admitted he was banged up and it was effecting him the 2nd half of last year. Is he in on the conspiracy too?

How has Hutch been closing out games this year? How was Sparks the end of last year? Are they just solid backups getting let down by the D?

Tell me more...

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
A combination of worse than usual overall goaltending, and a lack of five man structure in the defensive zone have created too many goals against to outscore.

Reactions: ToMaLe

horner

May 22, 2007
Defense sucks as well
Team defense
Until the forwards are committed to play in the defensive end nothing will change .
Just like last yr and the yr before.
Can't always blame the defence and goaltending.
Our forwards play a soft defence stick check.

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
No Ciccarelli, Draper, Konstantinov, Maltby, McCarty, Primeau, Rouse etc., all of which were on the 95/96 Red Wings(62-13-7) along with stars Yzerman, Lidstrom, Fedorov and Coffey, aka this isn't a real team and the coach sucks too.

Reactions: ToMaLe

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Lots of new faces, trying to establish new systems and patterns of play, mean it'll take some time for the team to find it's groove.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad