In one sentence, what's wrong with this team?

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Season should be fine. Enough talent to get in the playoffs.

Playoff performance is another worry... particularly the fact the GM doesn’t buy physicality.

We'll see. Team got thoroughly out played by a lower than average team with their backup in net. I'm not convinced playoffs in a foregone conclusion.

Reactions: rumman

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
We'll see. Team got thoroughly out played by a lower than average team with their backup in net. I'm not convinced playoffs in a foregone conclusion.

This man said it best:

86D3094D-9425-41CE-91A3-CAFB970F6CD2.png

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
Dubas surrounded his star players with small one-way forwards who all look and play the same

Reactions: Cobra777

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Im not saying this hasn’t happened with us. On really good teams, the players can win a game when their goalie doesn’t play well. Can anyone remember when our players have won a game when our goalie didn’t play well? It seems like I’ve heard way too often that when we’ve won a game, it’s because Freddie had a strong game, not because our players won it for us.

Its the first time this year you could say he stole us a game really. He has cost us a couple of games and chances to even be in games earlier in the year but that is of course suppressed by media and fans alike as he's been built up for a long while, basically years, as one of the best goalies in the world. There are reasons why he's been a below average starter since January but the inability to even admit it is what interests me. Its how how goaltending can be the main reason for our lower than expected record this year so far and everything except goaltending is getting blasted in the media for some reason. They all follow each other on twitter and all get on the same wavelength and rarely stray from what others think. This isnt only confined to hockey or sports of course and there are still some brave souls to call out the naked emperor but these things are hard to get off of and as I expect Andersen to round back into more traditional form, its going to be like it never happened.....and the team is going to win a lot more games for the inevitable "turaround" stories to be printed by the end of this month.

He doesnt even have to be THAT good. Team save % was 27th in the league heading into last night and if they can get that even close to the top ten (they were top 5 for the year and a half before January this year), this team is going to shoot up the standings. Lets see if Im right.

Reactions: shanwhatplan

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
I'm just clinging onto the fact the roster is injury hit, and the times we've come out flying, we seem to tire later on.

So i'll take a slow burning season, with it all coming together when it matters.

Too much to ask?

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
The coach in place is the wrong coach for this team at this time of their development .

Shanny hires Babs to an 8 year/$50M contract and then hires a GM that has a totally different vision than the coach. The buck stops at Shanny and he needs to do something or the 18 wheeler is going off the cliff in February.

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Too much Leafs Nation demands for toughness being listened to by Babcock, not enough spreadsheet analytics and the resulting speed- demon shinny or positionless hockey that this team was built for.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
One more tidbit, I would love for Babcock to do this too Nylander unfortunately it will ruin his already limited trade value even further. Gotta think if Babcock is gonna get axed what does he have to lose:

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
The lazy poke checks to players....Nylander play last night was inexcusable. Two nights ago when AM had the three Point night he did the same thing to his man who ended up scoring the tying or winning goal. Until the TML make a commitment to actually playing D this team will go nowhere.

This may not be popular but Nylander has to go. Kap was flying last night and since his first 5 games has been a difference maker. He may not have the pure skill Nylander has but he has more heart, is committed to D, plays PK, And plays with some edge. Mikheyev has also been more of a standout than Nylander IMO. Can he handle a promotion up who knows but he will certainly be cheaper if we extend him.

We need a top 4 RHD and we need cap space, moving a 7 million dollar a year winger could do both of those. Do it before we lose another year.

I totally agree with you. Problem is, who would want him? He’s way overpaid! We’d probably have to include at the very least a 2nd round pick! I have absolutely no faith in Dubas! He thinks he’s way smarter than everybody else. SMH

Reactions: Faltorvo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad