Tribute In Memoriam: Sam Spade

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am so sad to hear of her passing. I only knew her by her posts here which were always classy thoughtful and respectful towards others.

I know we are all in agreement that we are damn glad she got to witness a Cup. Sports give us an alternate reality to get away from all the f***ed bullshit that happens far too often in the rest of our non sportsfandom lives. Including the obvious, our health.

RIP

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
Condolences to her family and to the Caps fans group. I just found out about it. As a Pens fan I had my fair share of interactions with her. Absolutely tragic and goes to show you how hockey, for example, is just a sport and it doesn’t matter much in the grand scheme of things.

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
Oh jeez, after taking a hiatus due to the season being hung this is the last thing I wanted to log in to. And she had young kids? My deepest condolences to everyone who knew her and reads this. Incredibly sad.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
I haven’t been to the boards in quite a while and just noticed this thread. It’s beyond sad. My condolences to her family...

Some older posters might remember another passionate hockey fan who has unfortunately succumbed to cancer as well 5 or 6 years ago - her user name was Octopi. I hope humanity will find a way to defeat late-stage cancers in the future.

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Came to your Board to post in the 1st Round Series Thread & read this Thread Title with anticipated dread.

Sam was one of the Mods here who made a newer Member feel welcome with the ability to deliver a corrective suggestion in order to help a visitor “Read the Room”.

I really appreciated Sam’s sense of humour in her tactful replies to heated/emotional Posts.

As others have Posted, glad she was able to enjoy a Championship with her family & condolences to them and to the HF Caps community.

You’re a great group here. Again, to a newer Member you’ve made myself & others feel safe to visit and join in on your GDT’s. Sam was a big part of the culture/environment HF Caps currently reflects, IMHO.

RIP Sam Spade.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Hey all, talking in the Isles thread and someone mentioned this occurred. I just wanted to send my condolences. I don’t recall interacting a significant amount with her, but by all accounts she was a great poster and person.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of her family, friends, and HF friends... and f*** cancer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->