In hindsight, what players would you add or subtract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sehnsucht

Mar 10, 2004
from the WJC teams?

for the U.S., at least:
- Likens, Hunwick, Lee
+ Byfuglien, Fitzgerald or Lashoff or Thelen or Johnson, or someone
- Schremp maybe
+ Hennesey or Earl

discuss

chicpea*

Barker. I just can't take the risk of him infecting the whole team with his kissing disease.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Replace Brent Seabrook with Mike Green on defense, and replace Rejean Beauchemin with Kevin Nastiuk in net. That's all I can really think of.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
i thought schremp played great, and he was one of their best scorers - i cant understand why youd take him off. i thought pinneault could be maybe replaced with someone who couldve done more. earl would have been a good addition.
suter and borer would stay - i thought they both played well. hard to make an arguement against thelen or johnson now, definitely take out lee for either one. the rest of the defense was up and down.

gr8haluschak

Jul 25, 2004
Why would you take Schremp off ? I have to agree with the other guy and have Nastiuk in net, I would have loved to have Horton out there as well just to ice our best possible line up, but I doubt it would have made a lot of difference.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
gr8haluschak said:
I would have loved to have Horton out there as well just to ice our best possible line up, but I doubt it would have made a lot of difference.

That wasn't Team Canada's choice. Florida refused to release him to play in the tournament.

gr8haluschak

Jul 25, 2004
Reilly311 said:
cause he isn't that good.

What are you watching, oh yeah it was his fault he was given fouth liner time, especially since he has proven that he can score against the best in the CHL, but that is right he is not that good.

Reilly311

gr8haluschak said:
What are you watching, oh yeah it was his fault he was given fouth liner time, especially since he has proven that he can score against the best in the CHL, but that is right he is not that good.

Oh thats right, how could I forget. CHL = best league in the world. :lol

When Schremp wansn't on the PP, he was aweful. Besides, with all the offense USA had, I would have rather replaced Schremp with a forward who can play some defense.

gr8haluschak

Jul 25, 2004
Reilly311 said:
Oh thats right, how could I forget. CHL = best league in the world. :lol

When Schremp wansn't on the PP, he was aweful. Besides, with all the offense USA had, I would have rather replaced Schremp with a forward who can play some defense.

OK you have just diminished any credibility you have by saying such garbage, what non pro league is better than the CHL, humor me.

Let me guess it was his fault that your goalies stunk it out right, no matter how bad the defense was the blame was on your goalie. As well tell me where was all the offense in the semi final game ?

chicpea*

gr8haluschak said:
OK you have just diminished any credibility you have ...

No, you're wrong. S/he has had no credibility for weeks. It's that bad. Bad post after bad post. I mean, mine are just as bad, but I''m usually joking. Reilly is a hockey newcomer with a bad set of assessment skills. This much is obvious.

Plager05

Mar 17, 2002
Sewers
Visit site
Schremp obviously has talent but he's either selfish or stupid because all he'd ever do was shoot the puck right away or keep it too long and give it away. In between not being responsible on the defensive end that is.

leafaholix*

US...

- Brian Lee, Jeff Likens, Adam Pineault
+ Jack Johnson, Robbie Earl, Matt Lashoff

Canada...

- Cam Barker, Stephen Dixon
+ Mike Green, Eric Fehr

Czech...

- Roman Cervenka
+ Jan Steber

Jan Steber = :bow:

:joker:

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Plager05 said:
Schremp obviously has talent but he's either selfish or stupid because all he'd ever do was shoot the puck right away or keep it too long and give it away. In between not being responsible on the defensive end that is.
Name five American forwards who actually were defensively responsible.

Kugel

Oct 16, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Seachd said:
Name five American forwards who actually were defensively responsible.
i thought the americans lost alot when bourque went down, i thoguht he played great and brought a physical element as long with a forecheck some scoring and a lot of heart and hustle....can he coem back next year?

em1ss

Dec 27, 2004
PA, USA
You need to consider Dixon did exactly what Sutter asked of him filling his role, would your replacements?

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
em1ss said:
You need to consider Dixon did exactly what Sutter asked of him filling his role, would your replacements?

Yup. Like the World Cup version of Team Canada, they iced an entire team, not just the best talents available. Otherwise, Fehr and Nastiuk would have made it for sure. I'm pretty sure Beauchemin was selected over Nastiuk because then there would be less of a contest for starting goalie, and Glass would have more confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->