News Article: In case there are any doubters about Ladd's Captaincy, look here.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
If anybody listened to the "Quiz" on TSN, the panel was unanimous in suggesting that of all the players on the outside looking in, Ladd should be picked to go to Sochi.

He is very worthy of the "C" on his sweater.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If anybody listened to the "Quiz" on TSN, the panel was unanimous in suggesting that of all the players on the outside looking in, Ladd should be picked to go to Sochi.

He is very worthy of the "C" on his sweater.

Yea Andrew is the type of guy team Canada or any team for that matter could use....the guys he is up against are all very talented but Andrew has both the character and VERSATILITY to be an important part of a winning team. Its about getting the pieces to fit and come together quickly....here's hoping our captain gets his name called.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
There was one shift in the first year that solidified my opinion of him. It was late in the year and I think we were already eliminated. Both he and Hedman were exhausted and wanted to change. The puck was along the side boards in the Lightning zone and a puck battle ensued. Hedman tried to squeeze Ladd against the board but he just kept going, going, and going. Finally he got by, got the puck, and a high quality chance occured. Probably 98% of NHLers wouldn't have done that, they would've given up.

theamazingchris

Jan 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm not a doubter, but if I were, this article wouldn't do much to dispel my doubt. I'm sure you could correlate almost all of our point-getting players in the same way. Which is just saying that when the Jets score points they win. Not exactly earth-shattering.

As for his hitting example, well... it's not particularly compelling. What he's saying is that when Ladd gets 2 hits per game, we win, and when he gets 1 per game, we lose. I don't think that really is conclusive either way. Ladd's physicality is certainly a weapon, but the results of that physicality are more prevalent on the scoresheet than the hit counter IMO.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
1. Ladd makes Olympic team.
2. ???
3. Ladd scores gold medal winning shootout goal.

m.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad