In a playoff series: Forsberg/Sakic or Crosby/Malkin

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
I agree Ovechkin was amazing in some playoff years but Claude Lemieux had a playoff of 17 GP 13 goals 10 A 23 points. That season was 07. In terms of scoring thst year the league average 2.92 and 09 it average 2.84. So in term of how hard it is to score. Both were around the same. Also Claude Lemieux that year had 4 GWG and Ovechkin has 1

Ovechkin does put up some points in the playoffs but I will give him some blame because of his game 7 record. Ovechkin only has around 6 points in 9 games 7s. If he was able to show up more caps could of went further.

Claude Lemieux is way more clutch. He had 19 career gwg in the playoffs. 3rd best all time. In an important game i rather have Claude Lemieux.

Ovechkin does have better ppg but he doesn't produce much in important games like Lemieux

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Please explain to me what has Ovechkin done in important game starting from all the game 7s he played in. I will take Justin Williams as well

Only Hull and Gretzky have more playoffs game winners than Claude Lemieux

You take the best player, period. I seriously don't know what to say to you if you'd take Claude Lemieux or Justin Williams over Ovechkin. Start a poll if you want to find out how ridiculous that sounds.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
You take the best player, period. I seriously don't know what to say to you if you'd take Claude Lemieux or Justin Williams over Ovechkin. Start a poll if you want to find out how ridiculous that sounds.

We are not talking about career. We are talking about important games like a game 7 or an elimination game. Career of course you take Ovechkin. Not sure if you realize that Justin Williams has 14 points in eight games 7sin his career. Ovechkin has 6 points in nine games 7s. More than double his points total.

I guess you don't know how to answer my question about what has Ovechkin done in important games like a game 7 because he has done nothing.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
We are not talking about career. We are talking about important games like a game 7 or an elimination game. Career of course you take Ovechkin. Not sure if you realize that Justin Williams has 14 points in eight games 7sin his career. Ovechkin has 6 points in nine games 7s. More than double his points total.

You still didn't answer my question about what has Ovechkin done in important games like a game 7.

Far too small of a sample size to be relevant.

Being clutch is probably at least 80% luck and getting the bounces at the right time.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Far too small of a sample size to be relevant.

Being clutch is probably at least 80% luck and getting the bounces at the right time.

I agree it is a little bit of luck but no where close to 80%. Sure you might get a good bounce. But the player still has to put the puck in the net or has make a good play under pressure. I play a lot of sports. Some players do get more nervous than others. Some players are better in player higher pressure games.

So are you telling me Williams has almost 2 points average in game 7 and has those points mainly because of Luck?

Ovechkin doesn't play that well in game 7s and just about 0.5 point in his career in game 7s because he is unlucky?

Lexus

OWN THE MOMENT.
Jan 29, 2009
And for all those who harp on Forsberg's goal scoring ability it is cool to see he has been better there than both Crosby and Malkin.

14 of Forsberg's playoff goals have been game winners as well. (12th all-time)

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
I agree it is a little bit of luck but no where close to 80%. Sure you might get a good bounce. But the player still has to put the puck in the net or has make a good play under pressure. I play a lot of sports. Some players do get more nervous than others. Some players are better in player higher pressure games.

So are you telling me Williams has almost 2 points average in game 7 and has those points mainly because of Luck?

Ovechkin doesn't play that well in game 7s and just about 0.5 point in his career in game 7s because he is unlucky?

I think that eight or nine games is so small of a sample size that there are bound to be players who score much above their average and there are bound to be players who score much below their average. It's a meaningless sample size statistically.

Take any 9 game sample size and there's always going to be a "Justin Williams" who has highly inflated stats relative to his actual level of play.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
I think that eight or nine games is so small of a sample size that there are bound to be players who score much above their average and there are bound to be players who score much below their average. It's a meaningless sample size statistically.

Take any 9 game sample size and there's always going to be a "Justin Williams" who has highly inflated stats relative to his actual level of play.

So once again my question

Ovechkin doesn't usually perform in game 7s and is he really really unlucky person. Yes or No?

Williams has close 2 points a game on average in game 7s and is he just really really lucky person. Yes or No?

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
It's pretty crazy to think just how many playoff points Crosby and Malkin may both finish with by the end of their careers. I mean, is anyone not expecting both to crack the top 4-5, right now?

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Ovechkin doesn't usually perform in game 7s and is he really really unlucky person. Yes or No?

I would have to see the underlying stats other than simply goals to even rate Ovechkin's performance in G7s and whether he's been unlucky in them. But the sample size is insufficient to answer whether this has to do with luck or (lack of) performance. Of course I would expect any star players totals to fall of a bit in game sevens.

Williams has close 2 points a game on average in game 7s and is he just really really lucky person. Yes or No?

I would say with the upmost confidence that Williams has been excessively lucky in G7s and would not keep up that pace if he had to play 100 or even 30 of them. But the correct wording would be that Justin Williams has been lucky, not that he is.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
It's pretty crazy to think just how many playoff points Crosby and Malkin may both finish with by the end of their careers. I mean, is anyone not expecting both to crack the top 4-5, right now?

Probably around 200 points. Behind the 4 Oilers Gretzky Messier Kurri Anderson. I see maybe 1 more cup final Malkin/Crosby. There both in there 30 now. The team core that wins the cup are usually way under 30. Of course Malkin and Crosby might be exception to that rule. People thought after they went back to back finals in 2008 and 2009 that they will be going deep in the playoffs every year but that didn't happen.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I almost went with Aves duo but went with too close to call.

All 4 of these guys are 1st ball hall of famers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->