Improvements to North Station and TD Garden taking shape

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
And tiny as hell.

My sister says they are smaller than the grandstands at Fenway.
They're real tight. I had them for the end of the playoffs in 330. I'm a skinny guy and was fine but noticed feeling cramped. It's also harder to walk down the isle as more of the floor space is taken by shoes.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Not to give away your secrets, but that Canon lens is for only one purpose (it rhymes with Tour Play)!

Please tell me it's coming this year, and it's coming to NESN on Xfinity!

d3884573777c80bff020544f01f6dc15e9a6840e196ae07f754decc979a8a635.jpg

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
I enjoy these upgrades a lot and look forward to them, but I’d assume that the 4K is an in house luxury and cheapo NESN and parent NBC won’t have the bandwidth to accommodate 4K regional broadcasts ... I wish my CAT5 wired home could handle 4K through my hdmi extenders, but alas.

Reactions: jangerhofer

jangerhofer

Dec 22, 2018
New Hampshire
I enjoy these upgrades a lot and look forward to them, but I’d assume that the 4K is an in house luxury and cheapo NESN and parent NBC won’t have the bandwidth to accommodate 4K regional broadcasts ... I wish my CAT5 wired home could handle 4K through my hdmi extenders, but alas.

I've never had the means to test this out; is the limiting factor in overall viewing quality of NHL broadcasts resolution or frame rate first?

NHL.tv feeds cap out at reasonably high frame rate (60 FPS?), but if you look intently at a game-speed puck, it's pretty easy to see a nice smear across the puck's path (at least on all of my devices). That leads me to guess that frame rate is more of a problem than the detail provided by modest resolutions. Maybe my displays confound this too...

What do you think?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
They're real tight. I had them for the end of the playoffs in 330. I'm a skinny guy and was fine but noticed feeling cramped. It's also harder to walk down the isle as more of the floor space is taken by shoes.

I found myself having to sit on the edge of the seat to fit with my neighbors. Which was fine for the playoffs. Not sure if a Tuesday game against Ottawa is going to leave me on the edge of my seat.

Reactions: northeastern

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I found myself having to sit on the edge of the seat to fit with my neighbors. Which was fine for the playoffs. Not sure if a Tuesday game against Ottawa is going to leave me on the edge of my seat.

The old seats were too small for many. Guys who have large shoulders (as many do) take up room in the next fan's seat. Also fans who are large had to sit sideways to fit. There were games where the fan next to me crowded me and it was annoying. It wasn't their fault it was just that the seats were not big enough. If the seats are even smaller it will not be good.

I don't know why they want to annoy the STH and other paying fans...Oh yeah..It's all about the $$$...right @Gee Wally

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
Semi off topic - when we came down to Boston about a month ago, the TD was a construction mess and it was like going through a war zone just to get to the pro shop. I couldn't believe they were letting us walk there in those conditions, borderline unsafe....but the good news is, we got several B's Eastern Conference champ t-shirts at $1 each :laugh:

Reactions: Strafer

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Semi off topic - when we came down to Boston about a month ago, the TD was a construction mess and it was like going through a war zone just to get to the pro shop. I couldn't believe they were letting us walk there in those conditions, borderline unsafe....but the good news is, we got several B's Eastern Conference champ t-shirts at $1 each :laugh:

Good deal on the t shirts wish I knew about it. Although even for a $1 I'm not sure I could wear it. It would be a constant reminder that the t shirt I should be wearing is a Stanley Cup Champion one.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Something that slipped under my radar - apparently the main ProShop is moving outside of the Garden into the area of The Hub. Seems like a good idea assuming the new shop is really, really close - I can't imagine many make the trek downstairs during the game when there are mini-ProShops in the loge area. It always seemed a bit crowded in the shop before games, and the move might make it a bit easier in terms of ticketing - I know they have to close the ProShop to folks who aren't going to the game at some point.

Also, '47 is apparently sponsoring it. Not surprised - I think they erased all traces of Reebok when the new jerseys came out a couple of years ago.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
If they didn't

That really needed to be addressed before the nice new smaller seats and scoreboard..I hope they took care of it...

It's odd. There's zero information about this anywhere. Makes you wonder if anything's been done now :mad:

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I hope so. I looked also and couldn't find anything to verify the work was done.

Yeah it's so strange that there's absolute radio silence about this. You'd think they'd be all over letting everyone know what's been done (which kinda worries me that it hasn't)

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
According to an email I got from the proshop, they will be closing the doors on the current store 9/17. First game pre-season game is 9/25....
I'm guessing that the new ice will make its debut on October 12th which is the home opener.

I wonder if they were able to build most of the plant and will just need to install it once the proshop is vacated...

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I thought the ice plant was going where the old pro shop was inside North Station? They're moving the pro shop again now? Am I understanding that right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad