Improvements to North Station and TD Garden taking shape

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
View attachment 247167
I can see the cranes from my home office
I saw some huge cranes in downtown Nashville a couple weeks ago and got an extreme appreciation for just how high up those things are. I got dizzy just looking. :confused: You could never pay me enough to go up in one of those things.

20190720_103339.jpg

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Noooooooooooooope.

This isnt the video I wanted to show. I guess the guys channel was taken down but there is one where a guy climbs one of those cranes in like Dubai and talks and takes a selfie with the guy operating it

No amount of money exists that would get my *** on that...

This is what Russian kids and other European kids do for fun. Look up the urban climbers. Kids like Mustang

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Hate that the Habs have the corner tunnel for visiting teams, and i hate that the Garden will have it now too.

The changes to the concession game are making for some interesting discussions as well.

Reactions: talkinaway

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Hate that the Habs have the corner tunnel for visiting teams, and i hate that the Garden will have it now too.

The changes to the concession game are making for some interesting discussions as well.

At the very least, there should be a rule banning the creation of new corner tunnels unless both teams have them...that's not supposed to be part of the "home ice advantage". I can't say how big of an advantage it is, and it's probably not huge, but...it's just silly. I get that they can't force Molson to reconfigure the Centre Bell, but the Garden shouldn't have reconfigured to make it worse.

Of course, it's all about increasing the seating. IIRC, the Garden was one of the smaller arenas, which is why rows of 14 seats are now rows of 15 seats. Probably also why they moved the entrance to the corner - opens up more seating in the lucrative "center six".

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
At the very least, there should be a rule banning the creation of new corner tunnels unless both teams have them...that's not supposed to be part of the "home ice advantage". I can't say how big of an advantage it is, and it's probably not huge, but...it's just silly. I get that they can't force Molson to reconfigure the Centre Bell, but the Garden shouldn't have reconfigured to make it worse.

Of course, it's all about increasing the seating. IIRC, the Garden was one of the smaller arenas, which is why rows of 14 seats are now rows of 15 seats. Probably also why they moved the entrance to the corner - opens up more seating in the lucrative "center six".

I can’t say how much of an advantage it is either, but there’s no doubt in my mind it’s enough to win a game or two stretched out over a full season.

You get an extra five feet or so in Montreal, plus the tunnel. I imagine that equates to an extra equipment guy or med staff, not to mention the backup goalie who even if he’s not playing he’s still on the team and still part of the teams mental makeup.

You’re probably right about opening up a few more seats down in the center loge though. That’s gotta be an extra few grand per game

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Nope, they didn't fix either of those for the start of last season, despite the fact that both changes were sorely needed. The scoreboard was literally torn down at the end of last season - saw the skeleton of the scoreboard with my own two eyes. So, there's basically no way that's not going to be switched out...I imagine it'll be better, but who knows if they'll get it right.

And I'm pretty sure Fenway has said they're fixing the ice plant for next season as well - again, just hope they get it right. Given that they made a poor decision (from what I hear) in switching out the Zamboni for an "Olympia Ice Resurfacer" (I'm just a...hockey rink man?), I'm a little skeptical.

Admittedly, they do try to mitigate the poor ice conditions - for the playoffs they had a giant duct-thing peeking out from the zambo^d^d^d^d^d ice resurfacer doors that I imagine was to help out with the humidity. Coincidentally, that's the exact area of the ice where Carlo took a fall at the end of the season two years ago.

Love that video with Brad driving. They showed it at many games last season.

I just hope I still like my new seats (in section21 ).

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
For the record, I don't know if the new scoreboard is up, but the old one is definitely down. It was taken off in late June - all that was left was a skeleton that held the four screens, and I have no idea if the skeleton can be reused for the new board, but I kinda doubt it. The only other thing I can think of is if they took the four boards down to do repair work...but I'm 99% sure that our inside sources have mentioned that a new scoreboard is on the way.

I'm a little surprised the Bruins haven't been playing up the scoreboard in the "Garden improvements" - it's been 99% all about the Hub area and the new "grand entrance". For me, a scoreboard with "who's currently on ice" info would improve my gameday experience WAY more than a new bar above the 15th row on 301 (Is that even where it is?) or marginally bigger concourses.

I can only imagine the renovations have been a bit rushed, considering that they were expecting two rounds of play - three if we were lucky. That said, I'm sure Uncle JJ has the money to pay for the overtime rush, given that we had a once-in-a-lifetime Game 7 SCF on home ice.

Reactions: northeastern

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad