Improvements to North Station and TD Garden taking shape

member 96824

62-B4385-E-99-E7-4407-A598-F6-D9-BD24-D6-D7.jpg

Even the stalls look tight!

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
And why?????

Seats are more narrow. They also seam lower to the ground I’m having trouble getting up from seated position and I’m not s big guy.

Less leg room I think the issue is that seat backs are higher and slope back more than the old seats. There is also some flex in the seat back so when person in front leans back with the limited leg room the seat back hits the knees.

Last edited:

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
You'd think they might have tested new seats with some season ticket holders to maybe get some feedback before they did this, but that would imply they care what they think....

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
You'd think they might have tested new seats with some season ticket holders to maybe get some feedback before they did this, but that would imply they care what they think....
They don’t care what you and I think. They only care about the corporate clients and the rich fans.

The organization has lost its blue collar identity.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Seats are more narrow. They also seam lower to the ground I’m having trouble getting up from seated position and I’m not s big guy.

Less leg room I think the issue is that seat backs are higher and slope back more than the old seats. There is also some flex in the seat back so when person in front leans back with the limited leg room the seat back hits the knees.
That slope is in the worst spot. I felt like I had no back support which caused my back to stiffen and in combo with having my knees squeezed together, made for one uncomfortable game and I’m only 5’1.

Without the padded seat cushion, my legs would have gone numb.

I can fix the back issue with my jacket but I simply can’t fix my knees unless I stand or sit in a luxury box.

I don’t mean to sound dramatic

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Speaking for my rows, it's 100% clear exactly what they were thinking. Squeeze all the money out of the suckers - literally. No need to test the seats - just pack 'em in, and see if they take to it.

Definitely not a good experience tonight. A melee erupted one or two rows in back of me with spilled beer. The fight involved people going down a row or two - I've seen the occasional fight at the Garden, but never been that close to one before. Beer + close quarters = tempers, just like Spirit Airlines. I literally wrote to Amy Latimer mentioning this exact scenario - of course, no reply from her.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
That slope is in the worst spot. I felt like I had no back support which caused my back to stiffen and in combo with having my knees squeezed together, made for one uncomfortable game and I’m only 5’1.

I can fix the back issue with my jacket but I simply can’t fix my knees unless I stand or sit in a luxury box.

I don’t think you are being over dramatic. I am only 5’5” and had comfort issues. My seat mate has bad knees and we’ve been going to games a long time this is the most uncomfortable we have been at the Garden.

I’m not sure if it is an optical illusion but I think the seat bottom is longer than the old seats. The old seats had a rounder shape. These seats look like they stick out more so between that and the sloped seat back the leg room has gone poof.

Amy Latimer has a notice on the Garden web site about the seating issue which said to contact her with feedback. I don’t know what can be done but I encourage everyone to email her with feedback it’s the only way to try to send the message that there is a significant problem.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I feel like an outlier here regarding the seats

My seats are much more comfortable and I have plenty of leg room

they moved me over a few feet so the stanchion pole isn’t splitting the goal

the goal judge gone is huge he blocked my view to the corner

my seats are higher as well and can see more behind the net - I love that feel

the ice looks great and the glass - new?

the people to my left were impressed as well

sucks to hear so many unhappy

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Wow

I’m sitting in same seat for the Blues game in 2 weeks/ that bad. Yikes

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008

Do you think that you have same or more leg room than before? I know you sit down low what row are you in? Maybe the lower Loge rows have a better configuration? I'm in last row of Loge and trust me it was not good. Thankfully because of last row I was able to sit on top of my seat and/or stand to get some relief.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
I fit in the seat decently width wise but that’s it

See I think that photo shows some of the problem. The slope of the seat back in front of you cuts into the leg room that used to be there when the seat backs were straighter.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
See I think that photo shows some of the problem. The slope of the seat back in front of you cuts into the leg room that used to be there when the seat backs were straighter.
It hits me midway up my shin so if the guy had leaned back verses forward, it wouldn’t be good

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
It hits me midway up my shin so if the guy had leaned back verses forward, it wouldn’t be good

I said in an earlier post that there seems to be some flex with the seat. When person sitting in front of me leaned back the seat seemed to tilt back just a little bit. and when I leaned back in my seat I felt the the seat back move backwards just a bit. I'm in last row of Loge so there is just the wall in back of me so it was hard to judge how much flex there is in my seat.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Do you think that you have same or more leg room than before? I know you sit down low what row are you in? Maybe the lower Loge rows have a better configuration? I'm in last row of Loge and trust me it was not good. Thankfully because of last row I was able to sit on top of my seat and/or stand to get some relief.
I have more ir seems - my daughter said same

are you going Monday

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

@DKH

The bulk of the complaints are coming from the 300 level - not the 100.

The goal judges have been long gone from every other arena except Sunrise for years now as their job no longer has any power and hasn't for 30 years. This happened in 1990 and the goal judge would have told the referee there was time left on the clock - but was never asked. This incident was the catalyst for video review.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Sent an email. I’m sure it won’t do anything.

I had low expectations going into last night and somehow they were exceeded - in a negative way.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->